Real Smart

NCC10281982B

within the past 3 (including this one) years the 'new' people who have moved in to my neighborhood @ snoqualmie pass decided that they wanted the snow removed from the unpaved (gravel) roads. Because the roads are gravel 6 inches or so of snow must be left behind. Saturday night we had something like 3 vehicles stuck. One of them was a 2wd minivan, driven by someone who had no clue. it was blocking the main road in and out. This road also happens to be fairly steep hill. My parents got a big kick out of watching these people try to get out for 3 hours.

The main ski area has not opened yet. I get the feeling that when people start looking for more parking things will be bad. Common sense anyone....

lol got these people on the other side of my street, last winter their daughters mustang got stuck in the snow(they bought it for her, bought their son one too) any way it got stuck trying to get out of their driveway, and they tried gunning out of there for bout half an hour cuz theyer just lazy, finally they decide that pouring water on the tires would get that car right out!! :blink: BRILLIANT!!! :rolleyes: well....NOOOOOOOO u retards lol they got them selves in such a mess they called a towtruck.... funniest day of my life.

• 2 weeks later...

LMAO. gotta love people like that.

I keep hearing detroit is having this rash of awful snow storms this week (6" -10" total).... while colordado is having such a regular winter... requiring the few year round ranch employees to be snowed in for 2 weeks... business as usual for them.

What is this snow you people speak of? I love to vacation where there is snow but ever since I had to shovel it...even with a snow blower it still sucks. But I don't like hot weather. Someone have a sugestion for where I should live...I don't like heat but I don't want snow.

What is this snow you people speak of? I love to vacation where there is snow but ever since I had to shovel it...even with a snow blower it still sucks. But I don't like hot weather. Someone have a sugestion for where I should live...I don't like heat but I don't want snow.

599206[/snapback]

i live in colorado, and when winter comes im happy cause im tired of the heat, but by the time winter is half done, im sick of it too and cant wait for heat. :lol:

cali maybe? in some places it doesnt get to hot during the summer, and it doesnt snow cept for in the mountains

I don't think that living out west constitutes living in heat. Especially if you live where it does not get humid. I've been to the midwest and its not bad out there. It was 110* in the shade when I went there and it felt like 70*. Because in FL its 110* in the shade and 90% humidity. The saying: "Its not the heat, its the humidity" is totally true. I'm not trying to say that the heat isn't bad but you haven't experience heat until you've had both high temp and high humidity.

i live in colorado, and when winter comes im happy cause im tired of the heat, but by the time winter is half done, im sick of it too and cant wait for heat.  :lol:

cali maybe? in some places it doesnt get to hot during the summer, and it doesnt snow cept for in the mountains

599209[/snapback]

southern california, best weather ever, winter the lowest it gets (like for 2 days is high 30s lower 40s) and hotest it gets is like 100 at summer peak. Beast weather ever, and the humidity is low also :)

I don't think that living out west constitutes living in heat. Especially if you live where it does not get humid. I've been to the midwest and its not bad out there. It was 110* in the shade when I went there and it felt like 70*. Because in FL its 110* in the shade and 90% humidity. The saying: "Its not the heat, its the humidity" is totally true. I'm not trying to say that the heat isn't bad but you haven't experience heat until you've had both high temp and high humidity.

599213[/snapback]

oh i know heat lol, i was born in nebraska, humidity often gets 90+ with sometimes over a 100* lol that was totaly misserable. never want to live in that again lol.

sorry if this thread kinda got hijacked =X :unsure:

coldest i've seen is in northern(ish) ontario... appart from the one city who had a day that was -60*C without the windchill, i have seen something like -40*C with/without windchill. i had to do my level one ski instructor in all -30*C or lower temps... AAANNYYWAYS... i come from where there was always a lot of snow, so my parents know very well how to drive in snow, so we dont really get the whole 'getting stuck' proble,ms.. always funny seeing some 17 year old getting more and more pissed b/c he just cant figure out how to get unstuck.