Sign in to follow this  
GlimmerMan

Amd Annihilates Intel In Dual Core

I seriously think people need to look at the big picture of companies such as Intel, AMD, ATI, and Nvidia. they are NOT as one sided as so many people believe.

Intel's money comes in from things you'd never imagine. Lincense for the ATA interface, PXIE, SATA, x86, and other standards they created. they also have network contollers, embedded processors (things like switches, phone equipment DVRs and even cars), flash memory (it's all either made by them or AMD) and so many other products we don't even need to sit here and list.

AMD can play a similar game, though they're BIGGER than Intel in the imbedded processor and flash memory market. they may lack some of the licneses that Intel has to milk money from, but that's changing too.

ATI and Nvidia don't just make high end video cards (so many dumbasses think forget this all the time). they have motherboard chipsets, licensing of thier own technologies (SIS pays ATI for parts of thier GPU's and IGP's), phone / PDA components, home theater components (ATI has no rivals here)... just a ton of stuff they're both into.

so don't EVER think any of those big companies will EVER go away. besides it's that competition that leads to better products at better prices... which is what we as the consumer whores we are, need.

ummm did you notice that there testing the intel dual cores on a Nvidia Nforce 4 chipset? ... Seems a bit biased if you ask me... Thats kinda like sticking a ATi graphics card on a Nvidia chipset....

Don't get me wrong, i still think that amd wins

EDIT: my mistake... i just saw that they were using sli... tho, maybe if they just use a single 7800GTX and intel used there 955x chipset, that'd be fair

hey guys im an Intel fan and SMACK man I cant even write this out without you guys slapping me around. j/k I have nothing bad to say about amd if I new more about them I might have one, its just that I learned everything from my brother and he always uses Intel. but anyway I was checking out tomshardwareguide like I always do in the morning right before I come here and they had a story called Top Secret Intel Processor Plans Uncovered was very interesting they had a few things to say about Intel and amd. form the looks of it Intel is working on a 4 and 8 core chip within the next 2 years. heres a link to it http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20051203/index.html

Look I have always wanted a good p4 chip but never had the money and then amd came out with better cheaper 64bit so I went that way but it seems intel cant get a fast chip so they have to multiply it by 8!!! to get a good result that makes me laugh hey man I got 34 core chip yesterday cooooollllll.

Edited by LiquidPCB

hey guys im an Intel fan and SMACK man I cant even write this out without you guys slapping me around. j/k  I have nothing bad to say about amd if I new more about them I might have one, its just that I learned everything from my brother and he always uses Intel.  but anyway I was checking out tomshardwareguide like I always do in the morning right before I come here  and they had a story called Top Secret Intel Processor Plans Uncovered was very interesting they had a few things to say about Intel and amd.  form the looks of it Intel is working on a 4 and 8 core chip within the next 2 years. heres a link to it http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20051203/index.html

590568[/snapback]

ah, your bro must be pretty stupid then, huh? ;)

j/k

sorta

No it’s just that we do a lot of movie and music editing and rendering. And form what ive learned for the past is that intel can do it a lot faster then amd

590772[/snapback]

Old news. In every sector the only thing Intes does better then AMD now is cost more.

I stilll dont seee the point of dual core for the average user/gamer... Well not right now at least. Mby 5 years down the road and im still stuck with this POS xp 2000+ <_<

Old news. In every sector the only thing Intes does better then AMD now is cost more.

590778[/snapback]

um, no

the dual 3.6ghz xeon in my sig still dominates even against a dual 275 in video rendering. sorry but Intel still wins that contest hands down.

either way as for now amd pwns intel, if intel does something different that actually does something then good i might try (after severe benchmarks and proof that they have finally done it) but for now its not even worth saying amd is better than intel.

thats a battle noobs should talk about not us.

because for us theres no point of debating it, the winner is obvious.