Sign in to follow this  
LucifersMagician

Advantagesof 64 Bit Windows?

My computer has a 64 bit processor, but Im running a 32 bit operating system, what are the advantages of having the 64 bit one if any?

:withstupid: maybe in the future when everything becomes 64bitified then it will. 64bit technology will double your maximum ram (i think to like 8 gig right?) but theres is pretty much no programs out right now and the drivers and programs that are out right now are VERY buggy

I have win64 right know no advange in having it. Most software is 32bit right know and when you get win64 you have to find 64-bit drivers and anti-virus software and somtimes you can't run 32 bit programs on it.

dont 32 bit apps run slower on 64 bit windows or something?

or did I make that up?

589494[/snapback]

A lot don't even work, but yes some run slower.

The problem is that unless the developers made the app for 64-bit then it is not going to show any improvement, and at this point in time there are not many 64bit apps/drivers, so stick with 32bit windows.

OMG LucifersMagician, that kitten is soo effing cute! :P

Anyway, Xp-64bit will not benefit you at the moment.

So odd because by the time alot of 64bit apps (that are useful) come out in the feild thats when Vista will be here...

To me it seems Microsoft rushed out Windows XP-64 bit Edition because alot of people were demanding it (consumers with 64-bit hardware)

Edited by silkster