Sony 19" Analog Lcd $200

lost

does it seem like a good deal?

450 LCD: http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=...9348&&An=browse

http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=...8&cartEntryId=0

-100 dollars off http://gfsforms.young-america.com/29191_OD4802014.pdf

-150 dollars off http://gfsforms.young-america.com/27954_05-A40510.pdf

final price 200

hmm is that a good deal or a little to much for a 16ms lcd? even though its sony

yuck, CRT's are still the best IQ-wise, but at 16ms i bet you get more ghosts than a haunted house

rebates are crap IMO, if a retailer or company wants to sell me a $500 product for $200, don't make me jump through hoops, sell it to me for $200, all the rebates serve as is an interest acruing loan to the manufacturer

yuck, CRT's are still the best IQ-wise, but at 16ms i bet you get more ghosts than a haunted house

rebates are crap IMO, if a retailer or company wants to sell me a $500 product for $200, don't make me jump through hoops, sell it to me for $200, all the rebates serve as is an interest acruing loan to the manufacturer

588314[/snapback]

Tell me, have you EVER used a 16ms LCD?

Cause by the sound of it you have never been within 100 feet of one.

If you had, you would know that 16 ms is PERFECTLY capable for Gaming.

Just because there are now LCDs with like 8ms or 4ms, does NOT make the 16ms LCDs ANY less capable!

Last year, EVERYONE said 16ms for gaming. Why has it changed to 8ms now??

Nothing has changed.

I hate this whole warped vision you CRT users have that LCDs with a response time above 8-12ms is ..

Get over yourselfs, your CRTs aint that much better to the average user.

Tell me, have you EVER used a 16ms LCD?

Cause by the sound of it you have never been within 100 feet of one.

If you had, you would know that 16 ms is PERFECTLY capable for Gaming.

Just because there are now LCDs with like 8ms or 4ms, does NOT  make the 16ms LCDs ANY less capable!

Last year, EVERYONE said 16ms for gaming. Why has it changed to 8ms now??

Nothing has changed.

I hate this whole warped vision you CRT users have that LCDs with a response time above 8-12ms is ..

Get over yourselfs, your CRTs aint that much better to the average user.

588445[/snapback]

the average user doesn't spend hours on internet forums and more hours playing PC games either, the average user is an ignorant person when it comes to computers, they have no idea about things, and they don't care, as long as it "works", these are the "Best Buyers" of the world and the average user is also much more influenced by how "cute" and "expensive" and "impressive" LCD's are, they are the ones that get a hard on when they have guests over and the guests say things like "wow, how much was that?" and "cool!, i wish i had one of those!", these are also commonly the people that buy into spending thousands on bigscreen LCD TV's, it's new, it's flat, it's expensive, and it's "in", if you are gonna be "in" you need a flat panel monitor!, it costs more so it must be better!!! lol

no, i dont have one, but i have spent enough time on the net reading and talking to people who have/do to know that those that are serious about having the best IQ and no ghosting will tell you LCD's just aren't quite there yet

4ms is more capable of avoiding ghosting than a 16ms LCD, why would you think otherwise

besides, i have done so many side by side comparisons in stores of LCD's vs. CRT's, playing with them to get settings the same or as close as possible, and when you have them side by side it is pretty obvious the CRT is still much more "true"

why do you think video professionals use CRT's still.........because they are still better for accurate results

basically why pay more for less? the only advantage to them is they are easily portable, if you travel with your desktop alot, then an LCD is "practical"

I have personally played a myriad of games on two different 16ms LCDs, not a ghost to be found.

588486[/snapback]

you are just used to it, they are there, if they weren't LCD manufacturers would not be spending time and money improving them by reducing response time............

the day i go LCD is the day one that costs $200 is 21" big or bigger, widescreen, true colors, not washed out, true blacks, not shades of grey, no ghosting, and run very high refresh rates........oh yeah, i can have that now, with a CRT........lol

guys.........there's a reason this monitor is "cheap", think about it

Edited by habitual geek

i constantly go back and forth between a 17" CRT and a 15" LCD ... i donot notice a difference when playing CSS or GuildWars (See SIG for specs)

personally my BenQ w/16ms doesnt give me ghosting, but probably would with the more advanced games out nowadays

I use my Viewsonic VP191b which is 12ms everyday. I can't see any difference between this and 16ms. I guess my eyes just aren't "proffesional" enough. CRTs do have slightly better color reproduction than high end LCDs which can be important if you do that kind of thing for a living.

There is a reason that no major display manufacturers are prodcing new CRT designs, LCDs have more or less matched them in image quality.

the average user doesn't spend hours on internet forums and more hours playing PC games either, the average user is an ignorant person when it comes to computers, they have no idea about things, and they don't care, as long as it "works", these are the "Best Buyers" of the world and the average user is also much more influenced by how "cute" and "expensive" and "impressive" LCD's are, they are the ones that get a hard on when they have guests over and the guests say things like "wow, how much was that?" and "cool!, i wish i had one of those!", these are also commonly the people that buy into spending thousands on bigscreen LCD TV's, it's new, it's flat, it's expensive, and it's "in", if you are gonna be "in" you need a flat panel monitor!, it costs more so it must be better!!!
Edited by bigred

Red, Thats what I wanted to say but I was at work, but I did eek out a sentence or two. I would never ever ever go back to a CRT. And I get laid every now and then, and she likes the LCD too. I asked her. Right now. I swear.

the average user doesn't spend hours on internet forums and more hours playing PC games either, the average user is an ignorant person when it comes to computers, they have no idea about things, and they don't care, as long as it "works", these are the "Best Buyers" of the world and the average user is also much more influenced by how "cute" and "expensive" and "impressive" LCD's are, they are the ones that get a hard on when they have guests over and the guests say things like "wow, how much was that?" and "cool!, i wish i had one of those!", these are also commonly the people that buy into spending thousands on bigscreen LCD TV's, it's new, it's flat, it's expensive, and it's "in", if you are gonna be "in" you need a flat panel monitor!, it costs more so it must be better!!!  lol

no, i dont have one, but i have spent enough time on the net reading and talking to people who have/do to know that those that are serious about having the best IQ and no ghosting will tell you LCD's just aren't quite there yet

4ms is more capable of avoiding ghosting than a 16ms LCD, why would you think otherwise

besides, i have done so many side by side comparisons in stores of LCD's vs. CRT's, playing with them to get settings the same or as close as possible, and when you have them side by side it is pretty obvious the CRT is still much more "true"

why do you think video professionals use CRT's still.........because they are still better for accurate results

basically why pay more for less?  the only advantage to them is they are easily portable, if you travel with your desktop alot, then an LCD is "practical"

you are just used to it, they are there, if they weren't LCD manufacturers would not be spending time and money improving them by reducing response time............

the day i go LCD is the day one that costs $200 is 21" big or bigger, widescreen, true colors, not washed out, true blacks, not shades of grey, no ghosting, and run very high refresh rates........oh yeah, i can have that now, with a CRT........lol

guys.........there's a reason this monitor is "cheap", think about it

588579[/snapback]

The FACT you just mentioned High Refresh rates in relation to LCDs SHOWS how much you LACK knowledge of LCDS.

IF you had done all the reserach you SAY you have, you would KNOW that LCDs do NOT depend on a Refresh rate.

They DO NOT need the pixels on screen to be re-drawn, they will stay a certain colour until told to change.

You read online about ppl that werent happy with there LCDs with 16ms eh?

Well, thats cause usaualy you only hear from the moaners that arent happy.

I am sat infront of 2 16ms LCDs right now, and I have NEVER seen ghosting on either.

I admit a CRT may be able to represnt colours better, but, tbh, the accuracy of the LCDs I use is more than enough for me.

So, before you post again slating LCDs and there response time, WHY dont YOU go get some first hand experiance of using an LCD with a 16ms response time?

And I am not talkin in a shop looking at the desktop, but you sit down and play your favorite game on one.

Then come back and comment.

Dont use the 4-5th hand reviews and comments from others as if it were fact.

Edited by xPETEZx