What Came First?

FergJob

What came first Chicken or the Egg?

ALSO:

What came first the Cloud or Water

(i am not posting this post either to debate religion as some of these are do go into the arguement etc etc)

WEll, by evolution, something similar to a chicken that was not actually a chicken by our definition must have laid the first chicken egg, from which emerged the chicken.

The water/cloud one is just idiotic. Water does not come only from rain. On earth, they say it was millions of years of reain, but before the clouds, there was moisture in the atmosphere and probably in other parts of the universe.

And I would like to add an all-inclusive IMHO

Edited by martymcfly

lol, see nVidia freak, this is were it gets into what your belifs are, the question of the man him self (God for those of you dont know) how did the atoms get there (common answer)=God.. how did he get there?

thats the main question, what every question is based off of..

I think the first chicken-like animal formed in a puddle of goop at the beginning of time. Us humans did pretty good for evolving from a puddle of goop :lol:

On the first day, there was slime:

slime.gif

Over time, that slime found some way to get smart...then it started to EVOLVE.... until one day, it turned into a HUMAN!

slime%20(2).JPG

lol, see nVidia freak, this is were it gets into what your belifs are, the question of the man him self (God for those of you dont know) how did the atoms get there (common answer)=God.. how did he get there?

thats the main question, what every question is based off of..

588080[/snapback]

I won't get into my beliefs, except that I don't believe in a god.

Anyway, the atoms have always been here. Humans just aren't capable of knowing infinity. We're used to having things die off over a period of time, it doesn't make sense in our brains.

OT- Take distance as an example to infinity. (sp? even a word?) Humans can't think of what infinity is. You'd think the universe would have to end somewhere, but we don't know, and if it doesn't end, how would we find out?

You'd think the universe would have to end somewhere, but we don't know, and if it doesn't end, how would we find out?

588089[/snapback]

go into a rocketship and go boom!!! boom!!! boom!!1!1shiftONE!

go into a rocketship and go boom!!! boom!!! boom!!1!1shiftONE!

588099[/snapback]

Then when you reach your old-age (whatever it will be like, 80 years) you die and boom!!! you just wasted your life. IMO the human brain is very interesting, and it would be even more interesting if any animal's brain on the world can comprehend infinity. Anyways, about the topic, I say it depends on what we consider chicken. They always evolve one turn at a time by laying eggs and the new hatchlings being somewhat different, but the first egg-laying bird did not come from an egg IMHO. After that, I'm sure the chicken brached off from the ancient bird, maybe all birds did, maybe not, we will never know for sure :P