Silkroad, Free And Way Better Than Wow

ady1989

My in game name is Genseric, Im pretty sure Im on Troy but ill have to double check that. I have hardly played yet so I have no clue to what im doing.

Edit* Im on Troy. Edit again* It must have been the shadows, I set them to circle and its fine now.

Edited by BlitzBomb

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It only freezes cause your settings are too high for your computer to handle. this would be better then WOW as soon as they fix the controls, make NPCs more accessable(way too many players at NPCs blocking the ability to click on them), and remove the retarded CENSOR text. Really you cant even use "?" when typing a sentence, crap, and so many other things that shouldnt even be censor in teh first place.

It only freezes cause your settings are too high for your computer to handle. this would be better then WOW as soon as they fix the controls, make NPCs more accessable(way too many players at NPCs blocking the ability to click on them), and remove the retarded CENSOR text. Really you cant even use "?" when typing a sentence, crap, and so many other things that shouldnt even be censor in teh first place.

591348[/snapback]

yeah, the censors are highly annoying. it's like, they know their english translations are so poor that they figure, if they stop us from using punctuation, it'll all just fit right in ;)

as for the accessability of NPC's, that is annoying, but you get used to it. Eventually when you get close you must use the arrow keys to move and not try to mouseclick your way. They also need to work on their "auto-run" because the actual "action button" doesn't work. to enable autorun you seem to have to double-click by the horizon (u'll know you're on auto-run if you can turn side to side using the left and arrow keys and still move).

I have all my graphics settings on "high" or "on" which should correlate to max settings, but who knows with their screwy translations ;). I'm sure I'll be on tonight...i'll try and look some of you up. Do recall how to whisper? I think it's "$username"...shrug

The NPC thing was annoying when I was doing the first quest, I found if you look on the minimap you can easily find where people are. As said, clicking on them is another story. Maybe there should be a right click feature that will let you select the NPCs in the area.

So, if this takes off, would it be too early to start thinking about an OCC guild?

im impressed so far, but the graphics are nice, controls are wierd ( i want to use my wasd keys) and there is alot of lag in town. i seen some pvp and i gotta admit this, GW and WoW's melee chars cant look better than this, however id like to see some casters(mages) fight if there are any. btw ice hurts hehe, ive seen like 3 people get frozen instantly. but lightning is good with its quick reflexes :P

im impressed so far, but the graphics are nice, controls are wierd ( i want to use my wasd keys) and there is alot of lag in town. i seen some pvp and i gotta admit this, GW and WoW's melee chars cant look better than this, however id like to see some casters(mages) fight if there are any. btw ice hurts hehe, ive seen like 3 people get frozen instantly. but lightning is good with its quick reflexes :P

591655[/snapback]

o, u must be playing a lot? how you up to pvping already? don't u have to be lvl 20? I'm only lvl 13 :( (of course i had to create a new character though). Technically i did fight some "thief"....i shouldn't have...he was uber...i was barely damaging him...luckily he was pre-occupied and by the time he turned to fight me, someone came and saved my butt. lol.

I'd definitley be interested in creating an OCC guild. I mentioned it in another thread, don't know y i didn't mention it here. lol. So is everyone in Troy? I heard there is a friends system, but i dunno how to do it. I think there was a gameguide to download, right? I'll have to check it out.

I'm in game right now actually (BeastSlayer on Troy). have a stall set up while I'm visiting here. heh.

so swifty (or anyone else), have you been out of the area surrounding janghan? I haven't yet. keep on getting quests here and some of them take awhile. Should i take a ferry and explore elsewhere, or are those areas for higher levels?

as for casters, from my analysis of the available skills, it seems that you can't be an effective caster until later levels, so 1) you may not have seen anyone high enough and 2) i wonder if ppl would keep that in mind and not use up all their skill points on the earlier skills right away

lol im lost in the game, just like in kal, imo it isnt easy getting around the areas, i havent pvp'd my self but i have watch though, its crazy. atm im lvl 5 with the rage trigger filled :P dunno how you add friends or what but my chars name is suyjin. atm im farming for armors, heh found a decent one but its females only req. ...

hmm...well i notice you're both using ATI...maybe there's an issue with them :/

591182[/snapback]

Heh... I was going to point that out, but didn't want it to turn into an ATi vs nVidia debate. :P

wow just reading this, how can this game be better than wow?

591536[/snapback]

IMO it isn't. :)

It's free :).

591548[/snapback]

free != better