Sign in to follow this  
ady1989

Silkroad, Free And Way Better Than Wow

So I started up SRO (got that name from the taskmanager), and left it running for 4 hours. When I got back home everything was running alright, then I click on a NPC and the game freezes. Also this game is taking up about 300mb of ram, is this the same with everyone else?

Well apparently this game is growing by the day because I even with the new server, I couldn't log into Xian earlier. So now I have a character on Troy as well, and I think I actually like him better. His name is BeastSlayer, so if you're on Troy PM that....if you're on Xian, PM DeadlyMenace.

BTW, early on, bows seem to be the way to go. I'm using a glavie as my main weapon and wound up getting a decent bow to drop so i tried it out....seeing as I can defeat a lot of monsters before they reach me, it's definitely better than my spear, which I usually get hit at least once. I don't know what to expect at higher levels though.

and Savan, definitely better than Kal. Kal I stopped after a day (maybe 2) it sucked so bad. I really like how in SRO, the leveling and skill points are separately attained. It makes distribution a little more interesting.

I checked out this site for this game...looks pretty good but im not really into these free games...usually very laggy and sometimes many bugs...i understand it is beta tho so...i guess that can fly...but i think im gonna stick to everquest and stuff man...