Sign in to follow this  
NinjaDude

I Hate Computers!

Ok first of all....i been having major problems with my CPU.....im still a newb at this. but i got a MSI MIRCO-ATX with a AMD64 3000+, 1 GB DDR400, with a 160 GB HD SATA. ok now finally all the hardware is installed. after finding right 20-pin 24-pin Power connector. and finding how to configure my reset button... now i tryed to install Windows XP pro. and every loads up but when it looks like it almost starts to get to the desktop windows go blue screen and tells my something about system is shutting down..... and then i have to disconnect my power. any suggestions???? or can i just throw my computer out the window

could be that your mobo is undervolting your RAM. Make sure your RAM is getting the right amount of juice in the BIOS. Also make sure any jumpers on your optical drives are set correctly :)

1 more Question.... Can i install a SATA HardDrive with Windows XP on it already from a diffrent computer and istall it on my computer?

not a good idea unless you got really similiar hardware, try it if you want, but theres a chance it wont work, ive seen it fail before. then again, you might get lucky

it's possible. best thing to do is to is, if you have another system at your disposal for a while, use nLite ( nLiteOS.com ) and slipstream and drivers you want into Windows, make an ISO and burn it, use that to install Windows. Saves alot of time later.

What brand and wattage power supply you using? and I agree with Lo it sounds like RAM. Before installing the OS I'd let Memtest ( Memtest.org ) do 8 - 12 passes and make sure no errors arise.

1 more Question.... Can i install a SATA HardDrive with Windows XP on it already from a diffrent computer and istall it on my computer?

586598[/snapback]

that may not work since an OS is not just data, it is also formatted to your specific computer specifications, and integrated into your hardware. but sometimes it will work, but maybe just not as well as installing it in the first place.

that may not work since an OS is not just data, it is also formatted to your specific computer specifications, and integrated into your hardware.  but sometimes it will work, but maybe just not as well as installing it in the first place.

586707[/snapback]

A repair sometimes works, Bigred made a guide about when changing motherboards, Im not sure if you move the harddrive to a different machine though...

586598[/snapback]

Well is it working now? Were you able to install windows? I allready recommended you what hard drives you should get, just plug them in and install raid from the floppy or whatever that came with your mobo.

ok well i know u told me to get Seagate... but my old hard drive wasent compatible to my comp. so my sister had a the SATA and tought i would use it....she just bought it..

ok well i know u told me to get Seagate... but my old hard drive wasent compatible to my comp. so my sister had a the SATA and tought i would use it....she just bought it..

586775[/snapback]

Ok....so lemme get this straight. Your using another sata hard drive right now for your rig to work and youre gonna get the seagate later? Chances are you'll have to like remove the one right now, and re-install windows and everything on the other after. Just save all the info you need on a flash drive or something.

By the way, yeah, why do you have micro-ATX?