Sign in to follow this  
cabbot

New Rig Feedback Please

im afraid so, these things overclock like theres no tomorrow, i only paid 190 for mines and its @ 3.0ghz stable and thats using air cooling too :D

587238[/snapback]

So........pissed off right now.......

This sh8t only happens to me.......<explicits>

Why does life suck this way? Why does everything always have to go wrong, why does everything always have to point and laugh at me in the end?

So........pissed off right now.......

This sh8t only happens to me.......<explicits>

Why does life suck this way? Why does everything always have to go wrong, why does everything always have to point and laugh at me in the end?

587243[/snapback]

Weren't you just talking about a thousand dollar video card budget?

sounds like rough times.....

Weren't you just talking about a thousand dollar video card budget?

sounds like rough times.....

587258[/snapback]

I just got this processor and a better one comes out THE NEXT DAY, why? WHY? on god's beautiful green earth how can this happen? Money has nothing much to do with it, it just how the universe seems to probe at me laughing at my every mistake.

I just got this processor and a better one comes out THE NEXT DAY, why? WHY? on god's beautiful green earth how can this happen? Money has nothing much to do with it, it just how the universe seems to probe at me laughing at my every mistake.

587262[/snapback]

actually the a64 4000+ is a good proc, but the opterons do run a bit hotter than a64, besides @ stock settings the 4000 would be best, overclocking is a different story now :D

Guest Raven65

Get a dfi or msi mobo, I would get either Mushkin or OCZ ram.

actually the a64 4000+ is a good proc, but the opterons do run a bit hotter than a64, besides @ stock settings the 4000 would be best, overclocking is a different story now :D

587309[/snapback]

Really? <sniffle sniffle>.....that kind of makes me feel better. But still, 3GHZ, thats crazy, thats amazing, unheard of.

that sucks.... but these proc sounds pretty good. might get me one of these. but i wont do massive OCing

587609[/snapback]

Hum....theses "proc" are for massive overclocking. If your not planning to overclock, you have no purpose for these, especially that (as swifty indicated) they run hotter at stock speeds.

Hum....theses "proc" are for massive overclocking. If your not planning to overclock, you have no purpose for these, especially that (as swifty indicated) they run hotter at stock speeds.

587615[/snapback]

yes, so in your case it was well worth it, but for me the opteron was the best.