Sign in to follow this  
Mr Black Cat

Geforce 5200 Agp

I don't know if I've elaborated on this enough: I only have $64. That's it. Comprende?I know you guys are being nice to me, but what you are suggesting is out of my price range. I don't need a top of the line video card, or one that is over $64. A good one that has 3d accelerator and is 256 mb of ram, and runs weell. that's it. I don't need something That is awesome, just a simple, 3d accelerated,decent video card that can run halo on a computer. Remember, if I have limited funds, how am I gonna buy excellent games?

LIMITED funds:

Mr Black Cat

I found this right after i wrote this, I know it's fx, but aside from that, is it any good?

Interface AGP interface

4x/8x AGP supports

Chipset NVIDIA GeForce FX5500

Memory 256MB DDR SDRAM

General features 0.13u process technology

128-bit advanced memory interface

400 MHz internal RAMDAC

319 Million vertices/ sec

1.9 Billion texels/ sec fill rate

6.8 GB/sec memory bandwidth

4 pixels per clock rendering engine

NVIDIA CineFX 2.0 Engine

OPENGL 1.5

Advanced Display Pipeline with full nView Capabilities

High-performance, high-precision 3D rendering engine

High-performance 2D rendering engine

UltraShadow technology

Intellisample HCT Performance Technology

Advanced Display Pipeline with full nView Capabilities

Digital Vibrance Control (DVC) 3.0

NVIDIA nView multi-display technology

Unified Driver Architecture (UDA)

Edited by Mr Black Cat

Sorry Black Cat, I didn't think posting a card that was a whole $3 over your budget would offend you so much. Just trying to help man. God, I will personally Paypal you the difference so you can get the 9600Pro, just send me your Paypal account info.

Edited by Nagash

I don't know if I've elaborated on this enough: I only have $64. That's it. Comprende?I know you guys are being nice to me, but what you are suggesting is out of my price range. I don't need a top of the line video card, or one that is over $64. A good one that has 3d accelerator and is 256 mb of ram, and runs weell. that's it. I don't need something That is awesome, just a simple, 3d accelerated,decent video card that can run halo on a computer. Remember, if I have limited funds, how am I gonna buy excellent games?

LIMITED funds:

Mr Black Cat

586917[/snapback]

It has been said in several posts, but I will say it again.

On the level of card you are looking at getting, the 256mb is useless. It does not add anything to the performance. Look at my sig. I HAVE the card you are looking at getting, and the performance sucks. TOTALLY sucks.

The cards these people have suggested will do you FAR better than the 5200. Skip the 256mb, and get 128. It will both save you money, and it will not lose you ANY performance. You will get a better card at 128mb for less money, so look at 128mb. ATI will get you the best performance for the dollar in that price range, so look at those cards that were suggested.

first, I waannasay i'm sorry to nagash. So: sorry for yelling, i thought you typed the name of a nothercard, so my bad.

secondly, Rellly? no difference at all? wow. Well, i guess i'll stick to the 128mb thing. cheaper and same perormance.

Grazi!:

Mr Black Cat

Yea, ram on video cards is used (among other things) to cache the info of the textures. So if you are running low-medium textures (as you would be with an FX5200 or FX5500) you won't even be maxxing out the 128mb of ram used on them, let alone need 256mb ram. More VGA ram is only needed once you start maxxing out textures and resolutions.

Therefore, all of these slower budget cards that sport 256mb ram are put out purely for marketing hype and to mislead the consumer.

Also, Black Cat, don't worry about it, I can take it :).

Edited by Nagash

"I don't know if I've elaborated on this enough: I only have $64. That's it. Comprende?"

:lol::lol: good stuff that

Nvidia 5xxx series= p00 don't buy ANY of them... Try and step up and look at a low end 6200 or 6600, or even a Ati 9000, 9200, x300

Ill sell you a Geforce FX 5700, stock is 425/550, overclocked it runs @ 465/610 all day long for 64.00 shipped with USPS Priority Mail. It has a Thermaltake Crystal Orb cooler on the cpu core for alot better temps. I have been reading your debate here, and I feel for you, lol. This will walk all over most FX's (minus 5700/5900 ULTRA Models), and better than 9600 PRO's. It plays HL2 at medium Settings, and most newer games like doom 3 good. Let me know if interested.

Edited by flashystylez

get a BFG 6600GT OC, i got mine for 170$ canadian. w00t!11

587519[/snapback]

You must the one of the dumbest people posting...flaming or not you and the other ppl posting 6x00 card reccomendations are total idiots he has less than $65!!!!!!!!!!

btw the 9550 will not flash to a 9700 (not all 9500s would) but it's still a good card, if a 9600pro presents itself go for it, that 5700 the guy above is posting isnt too bad, but i would rather have the 9550 OCed in MOST cases. Of course he did put a better cooler idk look into it i guess.

Oh and yeah enjoy whatever you get :-D

Ive just paid more than that for a bottle of jd and 60 fags, any gpu as got to be ok for that much if you can get a 5200 then go for it.

I would go secondhand from ebay myself you will get more for your cash.