Sign in to follow this  
NinjaDude

Decent Gaming Computer

Hey, im new at this soo i need help! i have a

MSI Micro-ATX with 1GB DDR 400 (MAx 1GB)

Athlon 64 3000+

256 ATI X700 PRO GDDR3

80 GB Hard Drive

SoundBlaster Live

5.1 Creative Surround Sound

17'' LCD Monitor

Is this good enough for gaming?

perfectly good enough for gaming :)

What socket is your processor? 754 or 939?

If it's 754, the first thing I'd look at upgrading is the processor and mobo, then the video card later.

my socket is a 939, but id liek to get a better processor, i dont need a hardcore gaming computer just something that will get me trought WoW or at least gaming for the next year ^.^

If i were you i would rather get a 6600gt or an x800 instead of the x700. I have the x700, sure it runs everything at max fine, but those are just better cards overall. And also, may i ask why the micro-atx motherboard?

an x700 will last you another year. You won't be able to max the games out, but they'll definitely run on decent settings. As it stands, the only thing I would look at upgrading would be the processor -- maybe to a 3500 to be safe? Also make sure your PSU is solid and sturdy.

Ya, why do you want Micro ATX?, ATX boards preform better and Overclock better.

an x700 will last you another year.  You won't be able to max the games out, but they'll definitely run on decent settings.  As it stands, the only thing I would look at upgrading would be the processor -- maybe to a 3500 to be safe?  Also make sure your PSU is solid and sturdy.

585156[/snapback]

You know, youre the only one whos said the truth on this, EVERYONE starts shouting that the x700 is garbage when anyone asks, but it actually performs pretty good.

Thank you Mr. Lo :P

thx for the Info... Why Mico-ATX ??? because i got it for 60$ and it beat my old MOBO. my OLD P4 that runs 1.2Ghz 128 MB RD RAM, i jsut need a good gaming computer. nota super godly computer. and i got the Processor and the Mobo for $150 so i got a good deal... at least i think

Edited by NinjaDude

Yeah I don't see why people bash the poor ol' x700pro like they do. I have an AGP x700pro in one of my rigs and that thing is immaculate. I could run BF2 on medium-high settings with no sluggish FPS's whatsover. I have a lot of respect for that card still. It's one of those underappreciated cards that we will look back on and see that it was pretty darn good. I think it will fall into the same catergory as the 9700Pro. Everyone had a 9600, EVERYONE had 9800, but the 9700 line was shortlived, and is still a semi-formidable card.

looks like a good rig.

i gotta get some cash so i can upgrade my comp. ill need a total revamp though.