X-box360 Vs. Computer

Psychotic_god

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think computers are better too, BUT...

Someone made a good point the last time this was brought up (less than a week ago). With a console, you can have 3 friends over and game on one box and one TV. That is simplicity that computers just can't match. Yeah, it blows balls to play on 1/4 of a small TV, but you're playing. With computers... you either have to play over the internet, or get three friends to lug their rigs to your place. Either way, you're talking about people that have to be computer savvy. A lot of my friends aren't. They don't have computers at all, let alone gaming PCs that they're willing to move to my house for a day.

I don't play consoles AT ALL. The last console I bought was a N64, and I never play it. BUT, I can see the desirability of a "simple lan party" style multiplayer console game session.

I game at at least 1600 res, so consoles look like crap to me, but most people couldn't care less, so long as they can blow someone up. In that respect, consoles are just WAY easier for multiplayer.

I think computers are better too, BUT...

Someone made a good point the last time this was brought up (less than a week ago).  With a console, you can have 3 friends over and game on one box and one TV.  That is simplicity that computers just can't match.  Yeah, it blows balls to play on 1/4 of a small TV, but you're playing.  With computers...  you either have to play over the internet, or get three friends to lug their rigs to your place.  Either way, you're talking about people that have to be computer savvy.  A lot of my friends aren't.  They don't have computers at all, let alone gaming PCs that they're willing to move to my house for a day.

I don't play consoles AT ALL.  The last console I bought was a N64, and I never play it.  BUT, I can see the desirability of a "simple lan party" style multiplayer console game session. 

I game at at least 1600 res, so consoles look like crap to me, but most people couldn't care less, so long as they can blow someone up.  In that respect, consoles are just WAY easier for multiplayer.

584726[/snapback]

LOL :lol: , so true. My rig weights something close if not more than 100 pounds, its not gonna stop me from moving it around but it will make it harder.

on one hand we have an emasculated computer that is restricted to running only what software is previously installed on it, and only playing what games are sold for it, and playing them at only 4 different resolutions, 2 of which suck, 480i and 480p, and costs as much as a low budget computer, before software, unupgradable, unoverclockable, and you support microsofts evil plan to take over the world.

on the other, you can buy a real computer, for the same price, unless you want a really good one, that costs more, play games at different resolutions, upgrade, do hw on it, surf the internet, post on OCC, fold, did i mention upgrade, oh and when there is a problem with the foxcon power supplies in some xboxes overheating and burning down houses, you wont have to worry about microsoft asking you to mail them back your power cord so they can replace it with one with a groundfault in it, because we all know that fixes a faulty power supply. :P

i vote compy's, till the 360 drops under a hundred and it runs linux, then it might be useful as a folder.

on one hand we have an emasculated computer that is restricted to running only what software is previously installed on it, and only playing what games are sold for it, and playing them at only 4 different resolutions, 2 of which suck, 480i and 480p, and costs as much as a low budget computer, before software, unupgradable, unoverclockable, and you support microsofts evil plan to take over the world.

on the other, you can buy a real computer, for the same price, unless you want a really good one, that costs more, play games at different resolutions, upgrade, do hw on it, surf the internet, post on OCC, fold, did i mention upgrade, oh and when there is a problem with the foxcon power supplies in some xboxes overheating and burning down houses, you wont have to worry about microsoft asking you to mail them back your power cord so they can replace it with one with a groundfault in it, because we all know that fixes a faulty power supply. :P

i vote compy's, till the 360 drops under a hundred and it runs linux, then it might be useful as a folder.

584735[/snapback]

Exactly :D:withstupid:

Edited by Mr.Who?

im going to go be emo and cut myself.

nobody understands me... its like a simple plan song.

584730[/snapback]

Dude.... we get it. You think they're too different to debate. Let it go man....

You don't have to say it three times. Just because you say it doesn't mean everyone else is going to immediately agree and stop discussing..... <shrug>

im going to go be emo and cut myself.

nobody understands me... its like a simple plan song.

584730[/snapback]

Or you could be like me and just know your right and not argue with anyone. :D. Its much easier, and less painful then cutting yourself :glare:.

:typing:

Computers will always own console games, in pure respects to graphics.

Edited by Ste