What The Hell I This Used For On Ati Cards

akac

ok I have a x800xt agp video card had it for a year now and it has this connector right next to the molex plug what the hell is it or what does it do. ive looked in the manual and cant find anything and ive spent the last hour on google trying to find out what it is. it looks like a four pin sound card cable plug in but why would I need that I don't have an all in wonder.

msg-70939-0-59671200-1333407047_thumb.png

ok this i my exact card.

the yellow plug what is it used for?

thank you for any help

edit for new picture

Edited by akac

If you card has ViVo, I think you use that bit to put the sound to your Sound card.

At first I always though it was a means of connectiong a Front Video IN port to you Card, and use it for ViVo, seeing as front Video ports have the exact plug to fit that socket, even the colour matches.

I was then told its for audio...which I still somehow dought, seeing as the Video IN dongle has no audio ports.

ive tryed a floppy drive power cable but i doesnt fit. the only thing i could get to fit was a audio cable. on of these

msg-85389-0-13766400-1333470715_thumb.png

edit

i think its for audio but like you said it video in video out i dont see anything in those four words that say audio so why would i need an audio port on my video card?

Edited by akac

googled: gigabyte x800xt yellow connector

Wondering what that little yellow connector is at the end of the card? Well the mystery is pretty easy to solve. The little yellow connector is not a power connector, or an  audio one for that matter, but rather a video in port which can be used with front case mounted video jacks. The necessary cable is not included however since it is a rather specific function.

you want to brush up on your google skills ;)