Sign in to follow this  
MalaX3

Why Does Everyone Here Fold?

The Question i raise to people is why do they fold?

the reason for my folding is quite simple... i have a mom with a neuro-degenerative disorder called Devic's Disease (if you don't know please feel free to look it up) and just 2 months ago i burried my grandfather because of lung cancer... so what im wondering are the people involved so heavily in folding doing this just because it gives them something to do.. or Do you have a reason like i do...

i fold because i have a pretty good computer on 24/7 and it might as well be doing work as sitting idle.

i don't have a reason as good as yours, but i do want to help with cancer research etc.

i fold because i have a pretty good computer on 24/7 and it might as well be doing work as sitting idle.

i don't have a reason as good as yours, but i do want to help with cancer research etc.

584064[/snapback]

Same here. Might as well be doing something if it's on 24/7 :rolleyes:

I used to fold for OCC when I could leave my machine on, but I can't afford to now, so I'm taking a break for a while. I will be back one day though :)

I fold because I have lost multiple family members to cancer, a cousin that was recently diagnosed with cancer, and a sister with crohn's disease.

humans are victims of disease, folding helps medical science discover how diseases occur, i have computers on 24/7, one of my grandparents died from lung cancer, one from tb...

seriousness aside, i also do it for fun, it's nice to see your progress over at the EOC stats site... which btw, i'm looking to be pwning the top 30-40 in the very near future

Well, I have skin cancer, so I guess it works out for me pretty well. The funny thing is that I had been folding for about 8 months before I found out I had cancer.

The reason I started really though is because it's fun. It's fun to get involved and talk about it with other members, and the friendly competition is really great too. It's cool to have fun doing something so helpful. Plus, like a few others have said.... my computer's on all the time anyways.... so why not? :)

btw.... 100k here I come! :foldon:

I have no reason not to and cancer runs in the family. Both of my grandfathers faught with it for many years before losing the battle. Trying not to have the same fate as them.

humans are victims of disease, folding helps medical science discover how diseases occur, i have computers on 24/7, one of my grandparents died from lung cancer, one from tb...

seriousness aside, i also do it for fun, it's nice to see your progress over at the EOC stats site... which btw, i'm looking to be pwning the top 30-40 in the very near future

584107[/snapback]

can't touch me!

yes im a noob at this,

-would a faster cpu help more?

-would a dual core double the help?

someday when im settled for good im sure ill contribute.