Religion Is Racism

p8baller07

you know I really didn't want to comment further but I feel some things need to be understood a bit more clearly.

-Your fifth statement refers to the concept of the third of three sin types understood in Christianity called "personal sin". And though you may be a sinner, you might want to check out John 1:9 which says, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” so your understanding in your fourth comment may be a bit escewed.

-If Jesus followed the Jewish faith then the first of the three sin types, "original/inherited sin" may not fit very well in your interpertation of "everyone being a sinner". The concept of "original sin" arose from the TRANSLATION of Paul's statement, "Therefore just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned" (Romans 5:12) by Augustine of Hippo. Jesus was a Jew which means if he followed his religion, he believed that the act of reproduction from beginning to end (so long as the intention is for procreation) is actually a "mitzvah" (good deed) as we see in the old testament, NOT a sin. Therefore, it is entirely possible for "good people" to go to heaven if you truly do believe in the practices of Jesus.

-Jesus is not acknowledged as a saviour in the Jewish faith. He made his sacrifice for all the people in the world, not just the Jews.

-The Jewish people continued to make sacrifices after Jesus' death and to this day continue to do so, though now in extremely rare instances in which a "para aduma" is concerned.

Look nan0, I can't tell you that you are wrong and I refuse to say that my beliefs are right as I have no grounds to prove it on. All I'm saying is that your understandings of a certain text or those understandings that you were taught cannot be proven as fact, so all I ask is that you let others have thier own beliefs unless you get a nice written letter by G-d or Jesus saying to do otherwise...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but that's just it celt, I have absolutely nothing against his beliefs and find absolutely no fault in it, my second post was strictly made to get the message across that there is nothing wrong with letting others take thier own path.. I apologize if I came off as arrogant in any way, and if anyone here wants me to remove my first two posts please accept my apologies and I will do so.

Nothing wrong with anything you said Kurosen...just pointing out the fact that he did say it was from a Baptist standpoint...there's so many different aspects of Christianity ....that's one reason it aggrivates me when people group all Christian religions together....each one is so different...you may agree with one...and disagree with another....and then again....you may hear two completely different takes on the same religion....which brings me back to one of my original statements....just educate yourself..don't take anyones word on things..choose your religion...and respect everyone elses right to do so....you dont have to agree with another persons opinion of religion etc...but you can respect it.

usually disagreements on the bible are concerning interpretation, not historical accuracy, though sometimes that is also the case. allot of things in the bible have been proven historically, but then again, there are so many things in the bible that cannot be proven. but yeah, i get your point, why should anyone trust the bible, when you look at the christian religion and all there is to see is disagreement. christians as a group arent living what we claim, and that excuse of nobody is perfect is getting kinda old. even to me, and im the one that uses it.

So then why should the Bible be trusetd when the 30 million groups that believe in it can't agree on it's teachings?

584895[/snapback]

I know what you are saying and I agree fully, but to play the devil's advocate, science is not written in stone. Nobody agrees an anything in science, so why wshould we trust it? I am just using your logic.

good point. to a certain extent science is a religion. there are just things you must believe to get thru life. of course everyone believes something different to :) in some regards it makes life better, but in others it sucks when people hurt or kill each other over it.

good point.  to a certain extent science is a religion.

585069[/snapback]

That is what my physics teacher always says. And Newton is the God while Einstein is the holy son. Whether it is Science or Christianity, the son is always Jewish.

So then why should the Bible be trusetd when the 30 million groups that believe in it can't agree on it's teachings?

584895[/snapback]

Like I said....it's not the religion...it's the people...people aren't perfect...not just every group...but each individual has their own interpretations...their own opinions etc etc...people will always argue...which brings me back to what i've already said....educate yourself...form your own ideas...know the religion...not just what people tell you.

Also...about the bible...you do know that almost each book of the bible was written by a different author...then a committtee was put together to decide what books were put together to form the bible...some were ommitted....others were controversial etc etc.....people even argued about what deserved to go into making the bible....people will always do that...no matter what.