Religion Is Racism

p8baller07

As a christian I MUST respond to this. What you are describing sounds like the contemporary movement which is very very corrupt. Should you attend Community Baptist Church or any other fundamental Christian church you would see that you are wrong. I as a Christian do believe non-believers will not get to Heaven, however many non-believers are good people.

And as to the "we are good you are bad remark", thats bull, I know I am a bad person, we are all bad.

583761[/snapback]

let me ask you this as a "hardcore christian". Jesus was jewish right? is he in heaven? he didn't believe in christianity... and if you wish to see him as a chrisitan, where did Jesus go to pray? he didn't have this specticle that we call church, NO... he found time to sit and quietly reflect to himself. he didn't have to get up infront of a congregation and sing out his praises to god. his praise to god was done thru is actions. same way good people do things now.

no Lo, you have to look at a little bit of your comment about the things that have guided many of the good things in the world today. those same core beliefs you make sound like they belong only to the Jewish and Christian faiths... "the ten commandments" is pretty much seen in every organized religion these days, they're the basis for many nations core laws. Society in general, from NYC to Tokyo, to the some little tribe in the jungles of the congo ALL practice similar concepts. Stealing is bad, Killing is bad, Lying is bad ect. religion is not really the reason for these beliefs.

of course that's my view of it, and to each his own.

now the anti war thing... I think some people need to pull thier heads from thier rears, and rethink what they're saying. we invade a country for it's oil... yet our gas prices go up... wow that sounds just stupid. why don't you factor in the millions of INNOCENT people who won't be put to death by thier former leader that are SAVED the the US lead invasion of Iraq? or how one single person we might have saved over there could grow up to be the person to cure cancer, or come up with some other absolutely amazing thing that will change the world for the better... now isn't the selfless sacrifice of all those other lives worth just the CHANCE that we might save that person? or the fact that all those other innocent people have the chance to live their lives without fear of being murdered for thier opinion, race, religion or simply faimly ties?

Look at this this is no american political thing. this is for the good of mankind in general. LOOK at what was happening to the innocent people over there! I want anyone who even THINKS americans are there for oil or some other dumb reason to LOOK at the lives destroyed by the former Iraqi government. and you tell me that our brave service men and women died for nothing. LOOK at the bodies, and LOOK at the faces of pain and suffering these people have to endure finding out this is what happened to their loved ones. our loved ones are over there putting and END to that pain and suffering.

Edited by bigred

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I have said many times before...it's not the religion...it's the people....some people will twist the words around into something that they want to "preech"...they change things around and spout it off to people as a specific religion..when really it's just that persons interpretation of a religion...then there's the whole useing religion as an excuse for war etc etc.....you have to educate yourself about different religions so that you know the true meaning.....and not what a bunch of so called "christians" are saying. You can talk to 100 different "Christians" and get 100 different takes on the religion....the ones you mention make it look bad....that doesnt speak for the religion as a whole......just like you cant hate all of a certain race because one person of that race treated you badly....meh...this is an old arguement. :goes to get more turkey:

Also to respond to bigred....IMO...my take on my religion... "CHRIST"ianity revloves around Christ...as in Jesus...the man that was persecuted for his beliefs etc etc.......i don't think Jesus would have defined himself as a Christian....his followers do(followers of Christ)......but there are many different sanctions etc etc of the Christian religion.

Edited by CelticaFLM

As I have said many times before...it's not the religion...it's the people....some people will twist the words around into something that they want to "preech"...they change things around and spout it off to people as a specific religion..when really it's just that persons interpretation of a religion...then there's the whole useing religion as an excuse for war etc etc.....you have to educate yourself about different religions so that you know the true meaning.....and not what a bunch of so called "christians" are saying. You can talk to 100 different "Christians" and get 100 different takes on the religion....the ones you mention make it look bad....that doesnt speak for the religion as a whole......just like you cant hate all of a certain race because one person of that race treated you badly....meh...this is an old arguement. :goes to get more turkey:

Also to respond to bigred....IMO...my take on my religion... "CHRIST"ianity revloves around Christ...as in Jesus...the man that was persecuted for his beliefs etc etc.......i don't think Jesus would have defined himself as a Christian....his followers do(followers of Christ)......but there are many different sanctions etc etc of the Christian religion.

583836[/snapback]

If that was targeted to me, you didn't read my entire post.

583836[/snapback]

I totally agree with everything you said here Celtica. :thumbs-up:

I'm not even going to bother to address any of the talking points in this thread because ignorance is running so rampantly throughout this thread it isn't even funny. :(

583836[/snapback]

I agree there Celtica. but it just gets me that there ALWAYS some loophole in every faith. something that always counters them. and to say "only christians go to heaven, so you better be one" is just one of those things. we obviously believe Jesus is in heaven (I can confirm this in the catholic faith... "he assended and is seated at the right hand of the father" line pretty much states that)... but he wasn't chrisitian. he was jewish... so how did he go to heaven? abraham, moses, adam, eve... not christians... yet we're always led to believe they're in heaven as christians... strange how that all works.

but then again I belive that religion can only influence if a person is good or bad. a person has the ability to do that part on thier own.

well..according to my belief...Jesus accended into the heavens...thats the whole easter thing...now the whole jewish/ christian thing...well the lines are not clearly drawn in my religion ...http://www.sullivan-county.com/news/mine/jesus.htm...some info there ....pretty much some basic stuff I learned in my religion classes....I also know of a group called "Jews for Christ". I met them when I was going to Cumberland College....they actually explained a lot...and at one time I probably could have shed some light on that subject....but it's been a while...and as it was never something that I dwelled on...I have since forgotten...but anyway....i'm baptist...my religion says in order to go to heaven...you must (hence the name) be baptized....born again...saved...etc etc..it isnt enough to just be christian..of course...not all religions believe that....I think you just have to educate yourself on many different ones...and figure out your own path...you can't listen to what other people say...it's just something you have to learn on your own IMO...because sometimes its hard to distinguish between the actual religion...and what's on someones personal agenda.

Edited by CelticaFLM

no Lo, you have to look at a little bit of your comment about the things that have guided many of the good things in the world today.  those same core beliefs you make sound like they belong only to the Jewish and Christian faiths...  "the ten commandments" is pretty much seen in every organized religion these days, they're the basis for many nations core laws.  Society in general, from NYC to Tokyo, to the some little tribe in the jungles of the congo ALL practice similar concepts.  Stealing is bad, Killing is bad, Lying is bad ect.  religion is not really the reason for these beliefs.

Look at this  this is no american political thing.  this is for the good of mankind in general.  LOOK at what was happening to the innocent people over there!  I want anyone who even THINKS americans are there for oil or some other dumb reason to LOOK at the lives destroyed by the former Iraqi government.  and you tell me that our brave service men and women died for nothing.  LOOK at the bodies, and LOOK at the faces of pain and suffering these people have to endure finding out this is what happened to their loved ones.  our loved ones are over there putting and END to that pain and suffering.

583831[/snapback]

I didn't say all good things in society are attributed to christianity, I said most ;)

The ten commandments are from 'fasha' Abraham on the mount, which in turn set forth some of the principles of the Jewish faith. The most famous code of law before then was Hammurabi's code (both codes amazingly were created very close to each other at the same point in history). The factors of modern life than I attribute to Judeo-Christian beliefs are those of "love thy neighbor," the closing of the class gap, and the overall betterment of morals in society.

As for

I guess it's kinda hard for Jesus to be a christian... heh... would've been a bit conceited of him.

It's amazing how many people just utterly ignore the atrocities commited by Saddam and concentrate only on the so-called 'atrocities' commited by the bloodthirsty American weekend warriors. People definitely need to grow the hell up.

Let's just get a few facts straight about (Baptist at least) Christianity

1. Jewish people went to heavan before Jesus

2. Jesus was God's son and sent to earth in human form, so there was never a question of where Jesus went when he died, because he rose after 3 days and ascended to Heaven.

3. Jesus is the "way, the truth, and the light, no one comes to the fater except through [him]." this means that after Jesus came, the Jews didn't have to make sacrifices because Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice for their sins.

4. "If you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart Jesus is Lord, you will be saved Rom 10:9" means that if you believ Jesus is God you will go to heaven

5. All humans are bad "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God" Everyone is a sinner, even if you are a good person, you are still a sinner

6. Back in Old Testament times Jewish people went to heaven based on whether or not they followed the comandments, sacrifices, etc. God doesnt want sinners in heaven so you would sacrifice animals in repentance. Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice, when he died on the cross, we no longer had to make any sacrifices. Just ask for forgivness. This doesnt mean you can do whatever you want though, you still must do your best to follow God's commands, not just slack off and then ask for forgiveness

If i think of something else I'll add on

Oh...also..I forgot to mention Shadowfactors rant...I personally feel very stongly about the war...I know some of the soldiers that are fighting...i'm very passionate about it....and I understand where you are coming from....but you can get your point across...in a more intelligent manner....you don't have to use a swear word as every other word in a sentence to show how much you care...or how passionate/serious you are....you make a much bolder statement by not coming off as a mad, ignorant, 12 year old.....and that goes for everyone ...no matter if the subject is politics/war/religion etc etc :rolleyes: