Religion Is Racism

p8baller07

bigred, Thats what I was saying. I don't believe the world was created in 6 days...I think you misread what I wrote. I consider myself Christian but I believe 100% in evolution. I don't mean to draw away from the topic at hand but I don't understand why people don't think they can co-exist.

583689[/snapback]

wasn't disagreeing with you at all. just giving your side of that debate a little extra fuel :) that's all.

and I do agree that they're just different versions of the same story. 6 days = who knows how long. man evolved from a monkey in 4 days. I could believe that... then again I wonder if all of us did evolve all the way :)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on the 6 days thing, it says there was day and night, not a billiion days and then a billion nights or whatever, just one..... I think it really was 6 days, if there's a God (i think so) than He could've created the world in 6 days. The bible is God inspired and God breathed which means that nothing in it is wrong because it was written by God through people

Edited by nan0click

That is what you believe. I however believe that humans are fallible. God COMMANDED us to obey the 10 commandments, hence the name. But we don't follow those. Seeing as humans wrote the Bible, we could have very well messed it up.

EDIT: It also does not state that there was just one day and just one night. It was saying them as nouns. Meaning that there was a difference between night and day.

How am I comparing apples and oranges. God wrote(told Abraham I believe to write) them. God/Jesus/whomever told the diciples to write the Bible. If we can disobey God...they are commandments(we are commanded by him to follow them)...why can't we have messed up the Bible.

I'm seeing a lot of good opinions here.

I hope i didn't offend anyone either. But what kurosen said is a good point aswell.

Christianity is a man-made religion and i'm sure over time thats where i feel it got its corruption from

Before I state what I want to state (a really short fact), I am a Christian, I was not raised in a Christian home, I chose God in College. I live with Christians who are exactly that. According to the bible, you will go to hell if you do not accept Jesus Christ. However, judgement, life and death are God's alone. Who the crap are we (even us Christians) to judge!?!?! It was through God's grace that we were saved, he did not judge us, yet we are all sinful. Who are we to judge anyone else? If you're a Christian, don't hide it because there are many "Christians" giving us a bad name. Instead, be a better example.

"That is what you believe. I however believe that humans are fallible. God COMMANDED us to obey the 10 commandments, hence the name. But we don't follow those. Seeing as humans wrote the Bible, we could have very well messed it up."

You're right, humans are fallibile, and that is why God gave us a choice between His merci and following His son, or death. Also, about the bible being written by humans: did you know that the bible was written and translated by scribes who most likely would've been KILLED if they mess one little word up? Did you ever think about that? Not only that, but the first time the bible was translated from ancient texts, there were, I think, seven scribes, all placed in different rooms, and they all came up with the EXACT same translation. Now, tell me the bible is wrong because it was written by humans... go ahead.

In my opinion all the major religions are the same (christian catholic, muslin) all believe in one person that is the savior. They just have different rituals to show their faith.

For the above post, when you talk about translating the bible, that is not talking about writing the bible. A person had to have writen the old scribes. For all we know some waack job a long time ago wrote it. But I believe in the morals that is provides so I threrfore call myself Christian

Wow.... Whelp, if we're gonna open a can o worms..

I believe religion is a political tool used be each country to help control their citizens and brainwash them into thinking they're doing the right thing. (Which is whatever they're leaders tell them) Leaders being politicians, or even insurgent leaders. I believe religion is what is wrong with the world today. Lets see, every religion is predjudiced. Thats why the oldest wars are holy wars. Religion is the cause for ethnic cleansing. And believe me, there have been cases of that far larger than WW2 and the jewish people.

If there was no religion in the world, just a basis or morals, wars would be what they're supposed ot be about. Oil and money.

PS Thank you Mr. Bush for killin our troops and friends for the almighty gallon.

583390[/snapback]

I really dont . care if i get banned for this

GO F U CCCC KKK UR SELF !!!! You know soemthing if you craping dont like our fight for freedom then move somwhere that there isnt and well maybe you craping understand. MY Friends and fmaily are fighting over in iraq and i craping dont need to crapING hear anything from you.

SO GO F U C K yourself.

and Im sorry for the words but you know something I feel very strongy about this issue and I'm not just ganna let someone insult people who are fighting for freedom and this country.

Edited by Shadowfactor

Wow.... Whelp, if we're gonna open a can o worms..

I believe religion is a political tool used be each country to help control their citizens and brainwash them into thinking they're doing the right thing. (Which is whatever they're leaders tell them) Leaders being politicians, or even insurgent leaders. I believe religion is what is wrong with the world today. Lets see, every religion is predjudiced. Thats why the oldest wars are holy wars. Religion is the cause for ethnic cleansing. And believe me, there have been cases of that far larger than WW2 and the jewish people.

If there was no religion in the world, just a basis or morals, wars would be what they're supposed ot be about. Oil and money.

PS Thank you Mr. Bush for killin our troops and friends for the almighty gallon.

583390[/snapback]

I am amazed I didn't see this post earlier. When I read it, I was shocked. That last paragraph is completely out of line, false, and is making you appear to be very ignorant. This is just an outrageous post. All based on empty opinions. This is one of the few reasons why I think the Freedom of Speech is a little too much freedom for some people. It's OK to pass judgement on something, but please, at least know the history and facts behind your arguments before you post them for the public to see. It doesn't show well on your part.

Religion was invented by leaders to brainwash their people into doing what they want them to do? Is that a fact? How about some world and religion history courses? You will find in those classes that most things good in the world today were brought about by judeo-christian principles.

The Almighty gallon? If you are referring to oil, then I guess it would be the Almighty barrel -- 42 gallons. That is an argument that has long been lost by the leaders of the democratic party...it's the reason why the political leaders don't use that argument anymore. They know it's bogus, and I suggest you move forward with the times too before you say something that really makes you look more idiotic than you already do.

Just..amazing.

As a christian I MUST respond to this. What you are describing sounds like the contemporary movement which is very very corrupt. Should you attend Community Baptist Church or any other fundamental Christian church you would see that you are wrong. I as a Christian do believe non-believers will not get to Heaven, however many non-believers are good people.

And as to the "we are good you are bad remark", thats bull, I know I am a bad person, we are all bad.

After reading all this I can't realyl come up with a nice post to sum all my thoughts atm but I do feel the need to say that I thank the members of OCC (well msot of them...) for not turing this into a battle of religion or even trying. I'll try to think up something to say later (though I'm sure less than 1/2 will ever come back to read it) but anyway, I'm off to do something.