Religion Is Racism

p8baller07

A rant on Christianity

and The Human Race

from a 'Believer'

First a little background on myself.

I come from a "Christian" mother and "Muslim" Father.

My mother has always been very religious, talking about how if you don't know god you'll go to hell and so forth. My father, on the other hand is not, he doesn't pray exactly 5 or 7 times day, when he does. He's not facing the direction he's supposed too. He doesn't fast, ect.

Today I had a argument with a person, who also calls them self "Christian." I'm going to label it as a he because I don't want to call him or her an

Edited by p8baller07

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.... Whelp, if we're gonna open a can o worms..

I believe religion is a political tool used be each country to help control their citizens and brainwash them into thinking they're doing the right thing. (Which is whatever they're leaders tell them) Leaders being politicians, or even insurgent leaders. I believe religion is what is wrong with the world today. Lets see, every religion is predjudiced. Thats why the oldest wars are holy wars. Religion is the cause for ethnic cleansing. And believe me, there have been cases of that far larger than WW2 and the jewish people.

If there was no religion in the world, just a basis or morals, wars would be what they're supposed ot be about. Oil and money.

PS Thank you Mr. Bush for killin our troops and friends for the almighty gallon.

Tomato, that last comment was offtopic and uncalled for, but back on topic:

I whole heartedly agree with p8 here. I've seen Christians (I use that word loosely) at school who think the kind of stuff that was just pointed out in p8's post, and then some.

While I am agnostic, if God does exist, I think that he'd be pissed off to no end with humanity. Time to start flooding those rivers again...

To attack all of religion because of one or two hypocrites isn't very nice is it? I too come from a religious background and most of the Christians I know are nothing like what you seem to think all Christians are like. Yes, every denomination everywhere you go is going to have lots of hypocrites, but that isn't religion's fault that is that in paticulat persons fault for their own choice in life.

so you wanna know if we think you are ignorant? nah, i dont think so.

as someone who is a christian, though for the past few weeks that label has been annoying me also, i can see your frustrations, whereas mine are slightly different, they arent off by much, personally i cant stand how christianity seems to care more about how much good youve done and only let the people on the good list through the doors. and bash everyone on the naughty list, its like most of us forgot where we came from. i know im by no means perfect, no one is above anyone else.

now on the whole saying everyone else is going to hell. thats not my call, but if God is who he says he is according to the bible, I personally wouldnt expect non-christians to go to heaven. sorry for the bluntness and closemindedness. please understand i believe that above everything else, God gave us the right of free-will, and i respect anyones choice or belief. but i cant with a clean conscience say i agree with it or condone it. again i apologize if this insults anyone, it is what i believe, i am not trying to force it on anyone or anything like that. you gotta make your own decisions, granted i would like it if everyone believed atleast similiar to me, that way i would believe everyone goes to heaven, but its everyones choice at what they want to believe.

the only thing i can really say is that, God is not the sum of Christianity. Christianity is mans feeble attempt at following his ways, and people are stupid, im stupid. i know i have in my time prolly insulted more people than helped. but that was when i was in highschool and stupider. God's not racist, or anything like that, its just man is. the church is quite disillusioning.

oh and i also believe one other thing that you do.

you dont have to be a christian to be a good person. one of the best people i know is a muslim. great friend.

Yeah sure religion has been used in the past to control the masses either through intimidation OR interpretation ;)

For example in the middle ages (also called the dark ages) the Catholic church restricted the ability to learn to read to it's clergy & aristocracy... you had to simply believe what version you were told, as for intimidation... fire & brimstone sermons effectively cowed the masses into adopting an approved social behaviour... or better yet during the Spanish Inquisition & Salem witch trials, if you chose another path you PAID dearly for it :(

Totally 100% Kami' you don't need to be a Christian to be a good person :)

I do think you're right P8... society needs to lay off the whole organized religion thing :( we're actually doing exactly what the teachings of most oragized religions say NOT to do, in the name of religion... wars, persecution, and so on.

this is why my religious views seem so odd. I'm a christian (catholic to be exact). I'm not what you would call a hardcore follower though. I do believe that each man woman and child on this planet has the ability to choose what god is to them. is god some all knowing being up there in some place called heaven? that's for you to choose. is god a rock on your neighbors lawn? your choice. in otherwords it's not my place to judge what you believe in... just as long as you don't go out and tell others they're wrong (the biggest drawback to the catholic church lies here... though there are others), or hurt others in the name of religion.

I do think you're right P8...  society needs to lay off the whole organized religion thing :(  we're actually doing exactly what the teachings of most oragized religions say NOT to do, in the name of religion...  wars, persecution, and so on.

this is why my religious views seem so odd.  I'm a christian (catholic to be exact).  I'm not what you would call a hardcore follower though.  I do believe that each man woman and child on this planet has the ability to choose what god is to them.  is god some all knowing being up there in some place called heaven?  that's for you to choose.  is god a rock on your neighbors lawn?  your choice.  in otherwords it's not my place to judge what you believe in...  just as long as you don't go out and tell others they're wrong (the biggest drawback to the catholic church lies here... though there are others), or hurt others in the name of religion.

583593[/snapback]

All I can say is that I REALLY like these points. I can't agree enough.

I was raised Methodist, and am now agnostic (I choose not to choose). I have a LOT of beef with organised religion, but I don't any beef with people who are religious. Just because someone is religious doesn't mean they're a bible-thumper. People have their right to choose, and as long as no one's pushing anything on anyone else, we should all be fine.

Aight aight, since this topci has been all pretty talky talky, and most opinions were clrearly stated.

My God > Your God

I kid. I kid.

-.-

*edit* I was going to fix my spelling mistakes, but they make me lols

Edited by zomg

I think religion is too corrupted as well..its a good idea to give ppl hope and stuff (lots of ppl need that) anyways i think the ppl that really need it are chemically imbalanced or brainwashed in a way from growing up an believeing its true.

anyways im not sure if its worth having or not...whether the hope for so many ppl is outweighed by all the death and suffering religion has caused in the past and the present(iraq)

edited:Phssh there, all the spellings are corrected, dont blame me, blame the all the ppl i was talking to while i wrote it : P

Edited by Aeromun