Mobo For 3200 Venice

I need some help picking out a board for a 3200 venice chip. The pc will not be used for gaming, just a fast computer for internet, word processing, and entertainment stuff.

Basically I'm just looking for a stable, reliable board. Oh yea, overclocks will be minimal if at all. And I'd like to keep price under$135 or so.

Thanks

Dan

MSI Neo4 Platty

I've never personally used this board, but I've heard many good things about it. It's just under your budget, will be fast thanks to the NF4 Ultra chipset, and if it ever is called upon to overclock it will not disappoint.  :P

583316[/snapback]

:withstupid: Yeah I agree that MSI board is the way to go!

if you want something solid, reliable and don't want to OC a whole lot try gigabyte. I give them higher marks than MSI on the reliable dept, maybe even higher than DFI (mostly because of users f'n up thier DFI's) but lower than MSI or DFI on overclocking.

I've ALWAYS been a die-hard ASUS fan for the longest time. But when it came time for me to upgrade to 64-bit, I wanted something under $140, so I chose the ABIT line of boards, only for the fact that ASUS boards were having MANY problems with the chipset fans going bad and frying motherboards once the chipset overheated. It happened to my friends ASUS board and I had to research and think long and hard what was the best bang for buck. I decided to go with the ABIT AN8-SLI, for the fact that it uses the silent Q-OTES heatpipe cooling for the chipset, has SLI, and it cost $129!!! Plus, as you can see in my sig, I overclocked the hell out of my Athlon 64 3200+ processor. So for $129, I'd recommend the ABIT AN8-SLI. I've also heard great things about the MSI Neo4 boards, but I've never had any experience with them. I'm more than happy with my ABIT AN8-SLI.

Abit's are having similar problems to Asus. both companies lost thier top designers to DFI, both companies still swear by chipset fans, and worse yet for Abit, they're actually a division of Hseng Tech.. AKA ECS, PC Chips, Matsonic, Amptron, Soyo, and many other low quality boards.

I wish you the best of luck when the Q-OTES dies on you... cuz it will, and it will trash your mobo