My First Day Of Driving

Mr Ham Cake

I got freaked out the first time too, I only went like 10mph on some back roads near my house. Then after a week of doing that things got easier and more natural. Now I dont have a problem driving anywhere, before I wouldnt go certain places because of high traffic or highways. I could get my licence now, but my parents want me to have a year of experience on my permit first, I guess that will be good, but I still want it right now lol.

Yea, I think everyone should learn to drive a manual in case they have to drive a drunk friend home or something. But I would not suggest starting in one. My best suggestion is to just concentrate on driving. Don't worry too much about signals and the like until you can control the car without a problem. You don't want to be worrying about whether your turn signal is on if you can't actually make the turn.

Bigred that reminds me, I was never taught parallel parking, but I had to do it one day and I had no problems at all, I was never even told how to do it, all I know is that you had to pull forward and back up, and so forth till car was straight.

I deserve a gold Star  :D.  jk.

582791[/snapback]

(insert 2!! gold star plus a half of a silver) Ya I found out why it was so hard, it didn't have power steering so I had to turn the wheel like 2 full turns to do a U-turn. I'm sure that didn't really halp my whole experience, I'm kinda looking forward to driving, its like Forza Motorsports, just no respawn points in Rl(real life) and you can' use a cheat to buy the new parts and repairs, ya just like a video game....lol Thanks again for the support guys. BTW how many times did you take to pass, here in Cal I think you only have 3 tries for the permit and 3 for the driving test.

Here in FL...permits only require a written test and a license requires the road test. You can take either test as many times as you want as long as you pay the $20. The test isn't difficult just make sure you drive safe...look over your shoulder when you back up. Use turn signals, wait a couple seconds between putting your signal on and actually turning or changing lanes, etc etc...