Need To Share Internet

Compxpert

Ok I have only wireless for now and so I tryed to connect my wireless and ethernet on the one comp running windows xp so I can share it with the other one which just has ethernet. Ive already tried a couple of things but it either results in the other comp not getting internet or neither getting internet. The other comp runs Gentoo linux and im using a wireless router w/o antennas as a switch between them. How do I get windows to share the internet from the wireless adapter to the ethernet and to the other computer?

i hope you mean by without antennas, you mean internal antennas. but if im correct, in xp you select both connections in network cennections and right click them and say bridge network connection. thath ought to allow your linux box to connect to you router and apear as if it were connecting directly to it. make sure you got a crossover cable to connect the 2. though if i were you, i would consider turning that linux box into a hardware firewall for the rest of your network. just a suggestion though.

by no antennas i mean I removed them and when I try to bridge them it displays an error saying I must have atleast 2 highspeed or lan connections that aren't using Internet connection sharing but I meet the requirements for it so im stumped. Ill try the cross over cable.

2 computers cannot talk to each other via network cable unless you are using a crossover cable. unless you got a nic that has auto mdi/mdix, no idea if one exists, so definitely try a crossover cable. oh and put those antennas back on. those will help amazingly with your signal strength, even those cheapo 4.2db or 4.7db gain antennas, thats roughly 2.5-3 times the signal strength. granted it is flattened by those omnis, i assume that is what you got, but those antennas are also designed so that your signal does not produce harmonics on other frequencies, it could possibly mess with other wireless devices in your house, not sure if 900mhz is a harmonic of 2.4ghz, if it is, you might notice some distortion in 900mhz cordless phones, and cell phones also run at 900 mhz i believe. anyways, good luck.