Sign in to follow this  
Jezza

Which Mp3 Player?

OK, I've saved up a bit of money for an mp3 player, but I would like it to play OGG Vorbis files aswell. I would need about 15Gb on the HDD. I have no idea what to buy, though. I have looked through the page on ogg hardware at xiph.org Foundation Vorbis Hardware Website but it seems to be a little out of date, as I can't find most of these products on eBay UK.

Could anyone suggest a good portable music player that will play mp3 and ogg files please?

my iRiver IFP-899 is a 1GB player that plays mp3/wma/ogg and has a line-in, 5 band eq (+/- 18dB) and much louder output than most if not all players...

i can say, with all my heart, it is the dogs bollocks of mp3 players... NOTHING i have tried comes anywhere NEAR as good in terms of sound quality, bass extension, and sound power output... the 5 band eq is f'n fantastic...

the only thing that could make it better is even higher capacity... but a gig is enough for me even if i'm flying around the world... i don't need ALL my music with me... and usb2 tranfers are fast (maybe like 2 minutes for a whole gigs worth)

if nothing else, audition one... no idea what the supplies buds sound like... i hate ear-buds... so i use Koss Portapro's with mine and the sound quality is almost identical to my home hi-fi separates which amount to about 3 grands worth of kit

I would say iPod, but I have a mini and teh sound quality is absolute .. It's all software EQ not hardware, so it comes out just aweful. Go with an iRiver.

I would say iPod, but I have a mini and teh sound quality is absolute .. It's all software EQ not hardware, so it comes out just aweful. Go with an iRiver.

581241[/snapback]

I just bought the Archos Gmini 402 and i'm very pleased with it.

581259[/snapback]

OK Guys. The only problem there is that you didn't read my original post... Neither iPod or Archos GMinis play OGG Vorbis files!!! I need my mp3 player to play those, too

Guest FxXP

I have the older iFP-795 512MB and it handles OGG files. Never tried it though. I went for the iRiver after looking at the offerings from Creative, RCA, and a few others.