Occ Name Change?

Vampire

Didnt think so :)

Havnt heard about it in ages and so many members thought long and hard about a new name, and submitted it in the hope of winning something (from memory)

Whatever happened to it?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I guess you two missed all the discussions on the upcoming OCC name change then because the reasons were clearly laid out by LP, and although I love the OCC name, changing it made the most sense for the direction LP wanted to take the site.

well I guess you two missed all the discussions on the upcoming OCC name change then because the reasons were clearly laid out by LP, and although I love the OCC name, changing it made the most sense for the direction LP wanted to take the site.

580216[/snapback]

What was his Idea of the new name?

I don't think he ever gave some ideas. He created a submission form in which we could submit names (and websites...there had to be a URL available for it), and if your name was chosen, you'd get some sort of prize. But then LP was completely silent on it, and we haven't heard anything about it since.

I've been wondering the same thing for awhile... I doubt OCC will ever change names. Come to think of it I don't think I've seen LP in ages. Maybe he died during the hurricane? (didn't he move to texas awhile back or something?) :blink:

I've been wondering the same thing for awhile... I doubt OCC will ever change names. Come to think of it I don't think I've seen LP in ages. Maybe he died during the hurricane? (didn't he move to texas awhile back or something?) :blink:

580418[/snapback]

I guess you didn't read this from that post.

I’ve been greatly out of the picture at OCC for the past few months for several reasons. I got married in May of 2005 to the inspiration of my life, Beverley Cameron. We got married in the middle of May, bought a house at the beach in Alabama a week later, then we went on our honeymoon at the end of May for a whole week! We took a cruise to Jamaica, Cayman Islands, and Cozumel.

After we got back from the trip, we got settled in to our new house and were getting into the groove of being married. While that didn’t take very long, I spent most of my time with her and not on the web site for obvious reasons.

In August of 2005, I got a very good job offer in Birmingham, Alabama (my home town) and it was one that I couldn’t turn down. At this point we decided to sell our house at the beach and move to Birmingham so that I could start this new job.

I started in a Network Administrator position at UAB (University of Alabama at Birmingham) the second week in August. Once I got into this position, productivity on OCC started to go down hill as I had nearly zero time to spend on OCC. When I wasn’t working at UAB I was at home with my wife spending quality time with her or with my other family. I can’t really help the fact that I’m a big family man and that I love spending time with my wife. Those are two things that cannot be out weighed by anything.

So, here I am with a dilemma. Obviously, there is a lot of work that must be done on OCC to get it back up to speed but I have very little time in a work week to do that now. I am going to try and put more time into the site during the week before and after work – along with working on it during the weekends when applicable.

As it stands now, we have no reviewers on staff. I would like to bring on two reviewers ASAP so that we can start sending some products out to them to begin reviewing next week for publication the following week. I would also like to bring on two additional reviewers in about a month once we start getting some reviews posted. If you are interested, please email me at [email protected] and I will strongly consider you for the position.

In addition to the reviewers, I will be “hiring” a part-time Site Manager. The OCC Site Manager will have a lot of job responsibilities, but will also be paid for this work. If you have management experience or web site management experience and are interested in applying, please contact me at [email protected] and let me know. I can send you the job requirements, duties, and such.

That’s where we are currently at and some of the upcoming goals that I want accomplished in the upcoming weeks.

Thread can be found here.

Oops... well.. yah didn't see that. <_< The comment forums are amongst the last on the list, I only scroll down this far about once every 2 weeks. :P And he doesn't live in texas... who here moved to texas than? I was sure that one of the mods did. *scratches head*

I totally agree about the name change and rebranding of the site. If we want to attract more submissions for reviews and break into the more mainstream computer stuff then a name with 'overclocking' in it isn't going to help. (Also, although I like the blue and orange, it doesn't look 'professional' enough really)