Played On A Xbox360 Yet?

steve burnell

my first play was on a 21 or 26" LCD HDTV demo unit in Electronics Boutique (EB games owned i think), was Peter something's King Kong and it really impressed me, very nice, rivaled or surpassed PC graphics and smoothness

from what i have seen around the net it seems those that played COD2 are not impressed with the 360 and those that played King Kong were very impressed, just goes to show that the console should not be judged by the first title you play

i'm gonna get one, was going to hold out for the PS3, but Sony is taking too long, and i am pretty sure i can get a 360, enjoy it until the PS3 comes out, and if the PS3 is worth "upgrading to", then the 360 will sell with games for plenty enough to get or nearly get a PS3, so nothing lost

what ticked me off the most though, was the fact that the 360 only looks as good on a HDTV, which i have, but the core system only comes with the composite video cable, no component cable for HDTV hookup, you have to buy that separately, or get the $400 premium system and you get one with a few other things

second thing that pissed me off was the games don't come in 480p/720p/1080i all in the same game, you can buy King Kong for $50 in 480p, but $60 to get it in 720p, and more of course to get the 1080i version.....thats kind of lame

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing the PC has over a console, in a couple years the almighty xbox360 will be a load of crap compared to upgraded PCs. I think it would be nice to have a 360, but in 4 years I wont want to look back and think I paid so much money for a now outdated peice of hardware.

One thing the PC has over a console, in a couple years the almighty xbox360 will be a load of crap compared to upgraded PCs. I think it would be nice to have a 360, but in 4 years I wont want to look back and think I paid so much money for a now outdated peice of hardware.

579889[/snapback]

Problay less time then that I give it 2 years before pcs overun the xbox360 in grathics and power.

my first play was on a 21 or 26" LCD HDTV demo unit in Electronics Boutique (EB games owned i think), was Peter something's King Kong and it really impressed me, very nice, rivaled or surpassed PC graphics and smoothness

from what i have seen around the net it seems those that played COD2 are not impressed with the 360 and those that played King Kong were very impressed, just goes to show that the console should not be judged by the first title you play

579881[/snapback]

I ahve to go play games @ lower settgin sto try and compare, and well, the 360 blows away 90% of PCs, not supprising when you see how many ppl use a 5200 as their gaming card. But it also runs well with the 6600GT or so class even with COD 2. I was at Walmart tonight and no kids were huddled around grabbing at controllers so i decided to give both games a little play. Well...COD 2 just sucked compared to my main system, but compared to what it defaulted to on my 6800 it looked "good" (btw it defaults lower than it'll run so keep that in mind) Can't compare the Knig Kong game to PC, but yes it looks alot better visually than COD 2. Didn't really get into that game much bc a big group of Mexicans moved in to take over the Console section, around here that's when we just leave bc nobody wants 4 kids fighing over the controller you were obviously using b4 they got there. (Not counting the other 8 fighting @ the PS2 and GC) Anyway the System has potential, and I will eventually buy one, but 100% sure the PC will still be my primary gamer. I need to go play my XBOX...it's been abused here lately, no play tiem in who knows how long :(

579889[/snapback]

Problay less time then that I give it 2 years before pcs overun the xbox360 in grathics and power.

579944[/snapback]

but when have you ever been able to build a PC that can do what this does, and will have games made that will run on it for at least 5 years this way, and do it all for $300...........the PC software companies will keep moving forward, requiring you to spend thousands over the years, just to keep up

Guest Flashstar

You have got to remember that games developed for the XBOX are optimized for it as well. For example, I could barely play Starcraft on my old 700mhz celeron, but even though the XBOX has almost the same chip, you can play 3d shooter games like Halo on it.

I played CoD2 and enjoyed it. wasnt too floored by the graphics but the overall emersion was phenomenal. The sound was good too and it was a nice overall feel. Im going to be camped outside my local game shop on the 22nd to pick one up.

I want to go back now and play king kong, lol. I thought the the graphics are CoD2 were pretty nice and everybody is claiming that they suck compared to king kong! lol. I heard from a friend that king kong was fun.

Ill be (for sure) getting PGR3 and i might get Perfect dark zero. and possibly CoD2

post-83502-0-07875600-1331908705_thumb.jpg

mmm pgr3

also if you didnt preorder it.. you will NOT get it from a game store like gamestop,gamers,eb games ect...

bestbuy, compusa, sears, walmart and ect are the ONLY places you will be able to get it at

580019[/snapback]

grrrrr. afk, need a towel.

edit: LOL JUST REALIZED THAT WAS MY PROFILE IN THE PIC. wootles.