Played On A Xbox360 Yet?

steve burnell

just been to my local dixons (in the uk) and to my amazement they had an xbox 360 out on demo,

got my grubby mits on it for half an hour, played call of duty 2 which wasen't as good as i thought it would be, comparied to the pictures and demo videos i've seen, P.C demo looked better!!!,

And i also played a demo of king kong, which i'm still trying to pick my jaw from the floor, looked totaly amazing, everythign looked almost real, the people the huge T-rex chasing me and the enviroment was stunning.

if you get the chance try it out it really does kick A$$

pre-ordered one on the spot.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah all the local Walmarts have them up and running (not sure where else bc i havent been anywhere else) COD 2 did NOT look like it should, looked like non existant AA (all games 2x or hihger supposibly) maybe they just havent finished it (it is a pre-release demo afterall)

you guys realize that when they put out screenshots for console games, they're really simulated thru a computer, right? I don't care how "advanced" a console like xbox360 or p3 is, it'll still have nothing on a highend PC, ever. Steve, King Kong is available on the PC too. I bet if you checked it out on a highend PC you'd be as impressed if not moreso.

you guys realize that when they put out screenshots for console games, they're really simulated thru a computer, right?  I don't care how "advanced" a console like xbox360 or p3 is, it'll still have nothing on a highend PC, ever.  Steve, King Kong is available on the PC too.  I bet if you checked it out on a highend PC you'd be as impressed if not moreso.

579585[/snapback]

True you can buy the same games on PC, but you can't buy the same experience. Can you get 4 friends playing on 1 copy of the game with a PC? Would you ever consider having friends over just for an hour or two to play some fun games on a PC? No. You'd have a console for that purpose. Consoles are meant for a fun and competitive social experience. And thats exactly why I'll buy one. I can't sit down on a couch, lie back and play a game or two with my friends if all I own is a gaming pc.

I played it. I love the detail on the stock of the gun. But i was mad the no one told that the new controler have 4 shoulder butons.

"Yeah all the local Walmarts have them up and running (not sure where else bc i havent been anywhere else) COD 2 did NOT look like it should, looked like non existant AA (all games 2x or hihger supposibly) maybe they just havent finished it (it is a pre-release demo afterall) "

I know. i was walking, and the saw this line with detail.

This it the truth. I had more fun playing 10 f/s with 640/320 with no eye candy on my laptop, than playing the new xbox CoD2. it only can do 1024 for the rez.

I saw some bechies of SLIed 7800GTX 512. they had 2048 for the rez, with 6AA/8AF.

I'll probably do the same thing I did with the original Xbox. Wait for a friend to buy it, go over to his place to play games for a while, and then buy one when prices drop to a reasonable amount ($200 or less) and more decent games are available.

True you can buy the same games on PC, but you can't buy the same experience. Can you get 4 friends playing on 1 copy of the game with a PC? Would you ever consider having friends over just for an hour or two to play some fun games on a PC? No. You'd have a console for that purpose. Consoles are meant for a fun and competitive social experience. And thats exactly why I'll buy one. I can't sit down on a couch, lie back and play a game or two with my friends if all I own is a gaming pc.

579600[/snapback]

This is true for some games. But who would want to play COD2 or King Kong on one tv? Regardless, for me, most of my friends are scattered across the country now (post-college), so PC gaming is a more viable option.