Motherboard? New Computer...help

In my humble opinion all due respect to DFI - the Msi neo 4 SLI is a no brainer -(which is good for me) kind of like a Timex.  Its very friendly have had one for 4 months and its never skiped out even once.

587900[/snapback]

Ya, MSI is the way to go if you don't want to dig into the bios settings of a DFI. MSI is just a reliable, user friendly board and they won't crap out on you.

Ya, MSI is the way to go if you don't want to dig into the bios settings of a DFI.  MSI is just a reliable, user friendly board and they won't crap out on you.

587909[/snapback]

I did not like how MSI gave me error "dram timings too tightly set so reload timings" message every time i tried to boot when I never messed with the timings.

MSI only board I ever had trouble with and I never messed with it!

• 3 weeks later...
I would go with a different mobo, that particular cross-fire one seems to cause a lot of problems to people! My friend got it against my advice, and he paid for not listening to me! The mobo won't function with his FX-55 after the 3rd RMA!!!

I would go with the DFI LANPARTY nForce4 SLI-DR, and get an nvidia card.

Maybe even go up to the 3500+ for the processor, of even go up to the Athlon64 San Diego 3700+ with 1MB L2 Cache, its very fast (I got it)

AND DON'T SAVE ON RAM, I DID IT, AND ITS NOT THE THING TO SAVE ON!!!!

580514[/snapback]

I'm preparing to buy a new mobo for the 64 bit OS's and wondering which board is the most reliable between ASUS A8N SLI-Deluxe OR the DFI LANPARTY nForce4 SLI-DR. I consider reliability, features, user-friendliness, stability, compatability(not necessarily in that order) and customer service/lack of in making my final decision. I must admit to being tied to ASUS brand name and would welcome other readers thoughts on this matter. I've been using computers for 14 months now and consider myself a beginner still although I am quite happy building my own rig/installing OS's, etc. Your opinions are valued and appreciated, thanks!

I would like to add that the new rig will be used as an all-round performer, in practise I lean towards overkill as opposed to underkill, therefore I will need a board with plenty of features with room for upgrade. Money is no object where my PC is concerned! Oh yes, mustn't forget: it's to be an AMD 64 x 2 processor. I've used nVidia cards from the beginning and will be sticking with them.

Can anyone tell me the difference between DFI LANPARTY UT series boards and DFI LANPARTY?

Edited by peter.ski