1. 1. Do you like my Avatar?

• Yes
    • No (please say why)
    • It's ok

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is a bit ironic since I've been changing my avatar around a lot lately ( and plan to do again), but, when a person finds a good avatar, especially one that fits their name or personality, they should keep it. When in a thread, I usually don't have to look at people's names, I just look at the avatar and I know right away who it is, I only look at the name if I've never seen the avatar or if the person's response doen't quite fit their usual style. I guess my answer is no cause I kind of grew to your last one which I thought was better.

I know this is a bit ironic since I've been changing my avatar around a lot lately ( and plan to do again), but, when a person finds a good avatar, especially one that fits their name or personality, they should keep it. When in a thread, I usually don't have to look at people's names, I just look at the avatar and I know right away who it is, I only look at the name if I've never seen the avatar or if the person's response doen't quite fit their usual style. I guess my answer is no cause I kind of grew to your last one which I thought was better.

577830[/snapback]

:withstupid: i agree. sometimes I get people confused because their avatars are similar to another user's, or they changed it without me realizing.

It's a nice picture, but maybe not for your avatar. The avatar has to relate to you in some way, not many members here seem to get what an avatar actually is....

In multiuser internet environments and games, an avatar is a user's own graphical representation.

For example... when I see the guy on fire I know it's Hardnrg, or if I see the exploding alien I know it's Clay, or if I see a mouse getting run over I know it's Roadkill..... and if there's no picture I know it's LP :P

Edited by lego

It's a nice picture, but maybe not for your avatar. The avatar has to relate to you in some way, not many members here seem to get what an avatar actually is....

For example... when I see the guy on fire I know it's Hardnrg, or if I see the exploding alien I know it's Clay, or if I see a mouse getting run over I know it's Roadkill..... and if there's no picture I know it's LP :P

577886[/snapback]

lol, yep. Just like your avatar, lego. I mean, it's a LEGO guy! How is anyone going to confuse that with someone else? I thought about making a new avatar for myself, but like you said, I'm "known" by it because I've had it so long...it'd be evil to change. lol