Sign in to follow this  
airman

Crab Rangoons?

my local oriental food place has got me hooked on crab rangoons....they're so dang yummi. i could live off of them. however i've tried making these bundles of joy myself, but however i can never get them to turn out right. i'm an experienced cook, so i know what i'm doing, but i can never get them taste the same to those that i'm used to.

all of the recipes i find on the net are basically the same: cream cheese, crabmeat, wonton shells, and sometimes some onion. but everytime i make them they come out...sour, like cream cheese is by itself.

so i'm pleading for help. i must learn to make these. or my pockets will be unhappy.

14b-crab%20rangoon.jpg

i dunno what in them....seems to be cream cheese, sugar, crabmeat....not sure what else........but i love these things too !!!

m too, i love crab rangoon, although im very picky with my crab rangoon, some places just dont make them good, ive also seen them called cheese wonton or something like that, they def, have some thing in them to make them sweet, at least my favs do. try adding some sugar.

Edited by JerrDogg77

I have also tried to make these little pockets of joy... and finally cornered a guy who owns a restaurant I frequent.

Do not use actual crab meat, use the crab-like-meat (refrigerated stuff, not the nasty pouch crap) The faux crab meat is actually whitefish with flavour and colouring added, but it is also sweeter.

Just try it, and in your mixed up stuff before you fill the things add a drop or two of lemon juice.

those things are so awesome..love em..and yeah theyre alot sweeter than what they should beif they use real crab.Sugar or imitation crab makes sense in this case.