Newegg Sucks @[email protected]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#13 Mr_Mulder

Mr_Mulder

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 09:34 PM

Ive never had newegg problems and always tell ppl to go to it.

#14 IUMaestro

IUMaestro

Cooling Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 09:47 PM

Newegg used to be good for me.. I ordered some AS5 last time I made a big purchase and they didn't include it.. was on my reciept and everything..

so I just went up and got some locally, since Newegg told me on the email they could return the money. After that they decided they needed to ship it to me as a backorder and that I'd have to pay shipping for it, I said well no you said I could have my money back, gave them a copy of the email and they wouldn't give me the 12 bucks back..

SO I said, fine, don't send it, I'm gonna pay you $12 bucks out of pity since I'm done with you. I order from Directron.com and BestByteInc.com now because they are in my town, shipping is super-cheap, and even if I get Ground shipping, it's here the NEXT day every time... and maybe a $2 mark up form Newegg prices...
Posted Image
|::- AMD Athlon64 3700+ San Diego @ 2600 MHz -::|
|::- MSI K8N Neo2-F nForce3 Ultra -::|
|::- PC Power & Cooling 510 Deluxe -::|
|::- 2GB (4x512mb) OCZ Platinum 2-3-2-5 -::|
|::- eVGA GeForce 6800GT 256mb @ 435/1100 Mhz -::|
|::- Custom Danger Den Water-Cooling -::|
|::- XP Pro x64 (slipped to 100mb) + Ubuntu dual boot -::|

#15 davidst

davidst

Fermi Folds Fast!

• Folding Member
  • 770 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 12:36 AM

How did you break your video card?
Windows 7 HOME Antec 900 * Gigabyte P35-DS3R Rev 2
Kingston Hyper X 1066 4x2GB KHX8500D2T1K2/4G
Core 2 Duo E8500 @3562 mhz 1.072V Zalman 9500a HSF
NIVIDA MSI GeForce GTX 470 (FERMI) CM 600W PS RS600-PCARE3-US
Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion Series
2 Seagate ST3250318AS 250G Raid 0 * 1 Seagate ST31500341AS 1.5 TB
2 Western Digital 6400AACS 640G * Samsung SH-S223L SATA DVD Burner LightScribe
MITSUMI Black 1.44MB 3.5" w/ USB 2.0 dig card read Samsung 245BW 24"LCD * Polk AMR-150 4.1 speakers

Posted Image

#16 rdk_one

rdk_one

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 02:53 PM

I just wanted to add that NEWEGG is in the practice of blocking IP addresses from access...
Not because of vulgarity and the like ( in my instance ), but from I suppose from too frequent
of visiting their site!!! I just like to read their reviews about hardware from people, what they are there for
right ? I've called them > 3x and they state I'm not blocked, but I have to go there via proxy from my home...
This must be a practice to save server bandwidth, you don't buy, you don't read !@#$%...
I do and have bought from them, just not real often and not lg. amt's. of $$$...
I just think this action is crummy and I wantted to pass it along...

:angry2:

Thx, Merry Xmas / New Year, rdk_one

#17 Overclocker16

Overclocker16

Space for rent...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2890 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:07 PM

I just wanted to add that NEWEGG is in the practice of blocking IP addresses from access...
Not because of vulgarity and the like ( in my instance ), but from I suppose from too frequent
of visiting their site!!! I just like to read their reviews about hardware from people, what they are there for
right ? I've called them > 3x and they state I'm not blocked, but I have to go there via proxy from my home...
This must be a practice to save server bandwidth, you don't buy, you don't read !@#$%...
I do and have bought from them, just not real often and not lg. amt's. of $$$...
I just think this action is crummy and I wantted to pass it along...

:angry2:

Thx, Merry Xmas / New Year, rdk_one

Any actual proof of this? I visit newegg probably 10~20 times within a couple hours a couple times a day. Never have any problems. Usually just sit around and surf and laugh at the funny reviews people make because they know what they are doing :rolleyes:
"Why build one when you can build two at twice the cost?"
Infantryman are not an "Autonomous Mobile Biological Mine Clearing Device, Single Use"

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English thank a vet - Anonymous

#18 iKillSteal

iKillSteal

Markedly Less Special Than He Thinks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1519 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:18 PM

Any actual proof of this? I visit newegg probably 10~20 times within a couple hours a couple times a day. Never have any problems. Usually just sit around and surf and laugh at the funny reviews people make because they know what they are doing :rolleyes:

:withstupid:
I'm on newegg every day sometimes for hours on end browsing hundreds of products and I've never had this happen. You sure it's not just your ISP being stupid? SBC did something like this to me a while back but it wasn't with newegg.

The Stealthily Updated Rig || Foxconnn 945G7MC :: E4500 @ 2200 :: EVGA GTX260 :: 2GB Wintec Ampo DDR2-800 :: X-FI XtremeMusic :: Razer Diamondback 3G
"It's probably there because people are douche canoes." - Verran

#19 romeo55

romeo55

Total Nerd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4356 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:25 PM

Old thread. See Section 1, Rule 12 in the OCC Rules.

Daily: Lenovo T420

Server: PII X4 965 BE | Corsair XMS2 4x2GB DDR2 | Gigabyte GA-MA785G | Sapphire HD7970 OC | 2x80GB RAID-0 3x500GB, 1x1TB, 1x3TB | Cooler Master V750W