Sign in to follow this  
DrAwesomePhD

Newegg Sucks @[email protected]

Newegg used to be good for me.. I ordered some AS5 last time I made a big purchase and they didn't include it.. was on my reciept and everything..

so I just went up and got some locally, since Newegg told me on the email they could return the money. After that they decided they needed to ship it to me as a backorder and that I'd have to pay shipping for it, I said well no you said I could have my money back, gave them a copy of the email and they wouldn't give me the 12 bucks back..

SO I said, fine, don't send it, I'm gonna pay you $12 bucks out of pity since I'm done with you. I order from Directron.com and BestByteInc.com now because they are in my town, shipping is super-cheap, and even if I get Ground shipping, it's here the NEXT day every time... and maybe a $2 mark up form Newegg prices...

I just wanted to add that NEWEGG is in the practice of blocking IP addresses from access...

Not because of vulgarity and the like ( in my instance ), but from I suppose from too frequent

of visiting their site!!! I just like to read their reviews about hardware from people, what they are there for

right ? I've called them > 3x and they state I'm not blocked, but I have to go there via proxy from my home...

This must be a practice to save server bandwidth, you don't buy, you don't read [email protected]#$%...

I do and have bought from them, just not real often and not lg. amt's. of $$$...

I just think this action is crummy and I wantted to pass it along...

:angry2:

Thx, Merry Xmas / New Year, rdk_one

I just wanted to add that NEWEGG is in the practice of blocking IP addresses from access...

Not because of vulgarity and the like ( in my instance ), but from I suppose from too frequent

of visiting their site!!! I just like to read their reviews about hardware from people, what they are there for

right ? I've called them > 3x and they state I'm not blocked, but I have to go there via proxy from my home...

This must be a practice to save server bandwidth, you don't buy, you don't read [email protected]#$%...

I do and have bought from them, just not real often and not lg. amt's. of $$$...

I just think this action is crummy and I wantted to pass it along...

:angry2:

Thx, Merry Xmas / New Year, rdk_one

Any actual proof of this? I visit newegg probably 10~20 times within a couple hours a couple times a day. Never have any problems. Usually just sit around and surf and laugh at the funny reviews people make because they know what they are doing :rolleyes:

Any actual proof of this? I visit newegg probably 10~20 times within a couple hours a couple times a day. Never have any problems. Usually just sit around and surf and laugh at the funny reviews people make because they know what they are doing :rolleyes:

:withstupid:

I'm on newegg every day sometimes for hours on end browsing hundreds of products and I've never had this happen. You sure it's not just your ISP being stupid? SBC did something like this to me a while back but it wasn't with newegg.