Lack Of Updates On The Website

lilkev715

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:withstupid: I know that I have submitted quite a few things on the news page, without anything being added, except for one time with D3 posted the excact same thing, quoting the same part of the article as I did :P I too would love to help with review on anything else that I could, but I can't afford to buy the extra products, just like D3 stated before.

574724[/snapback]

If you submitted something, and then saw parts of it on the page. It was not posted by me. ;) I have never had the ability to see the news submitted by others. :P

I have an idea as to what most likely what happened... There was a bug in the system a while back where everything had my name attached to it regardless of who submitted/posted it. Most likely LP saw your submission, edited it to his liking, and then posted it. The bug would have then shown it as being posted by me.

first off, great post d3. I normally skip over lengthy posts, but your's was well worth the read (and well-written).

That being said, I was doing a search the other day for some discount codes and noticed that the [H]ardForums had exclusive discount codes for select products on newegg. It made me wonder why OCC/LP can't work something out like that with various sites (god knows we "advertise" newegg like crazy here).

I know that like a year ago there was discussion (and submissions) on a new name for OCC to help gain more credibility with sponsors, but it doesn't look like anything materialized from that? Or maybe that's part of the update LP is working on?

In any case, the only contests I ever won were design contests, none of the random drawing ones, so I don't feel a lacking there. Nor do I check the news (I rarely even visit the front page...I go directly to forums.overclockersclub.com), so I don't really care about that either. The site has definitely changed since I started, but I don't think it's any worse than it was before.

Just my 5 cents.

I have been talking to Matt alot lately his is busy doing stuff behind the scenes, he is looking for people if you are intrested then email him posting it on the forum he will most likely not see it.

We haved talked of me stepping up to take over for him as a right hand person but I have not decided if I want to do it all over again. Between the Wife, Kids, Work, and Firefighting I do not have alot of time, but you never know.

But I will say it again if you are intrested apply don't complain in the forums, do you think Matt would still have a email from months ago I doubt it. I takes a day or two for him to answer but he will respond if you don't get anywhere send it to me and I will forward it to him

i think we all gotta pitch in and actually do something (with the mods and staffs permision of course) to improve occ (althought it might have been said in the previous posts) and hopefully we can all find sometime to do reviews and such. and for some member who can and are willing, donate so some of the money can go to other things such as contests and lp's reviews instead of it all going down the drain for hosting fees. hopefully this is understandable :lol:

I think I caught LP at a bad time back in July/ August when I started doing (reviews) for OCC. I applied back last January and got a reply from him a few months afterwards but soon enough I started reviewing for OCC. I completed two reviews, CM Centurion 531 and the CM Blue Ice review (has not yet been posted... ) but because of the lack of communication I decided to move onto another site (by lack.. I mean weeks between replies, even for important matters).

Well actually I always found it difficult to communicate with LP (even when I used to do freelance writing [keychain guide, sleeving ide cable guilde])

But all in all, it was a good experience and if one enjoys testing out products and pulling pros and cons out of them, it is definatly something worth trying out! It would definatly have been nice to see Matt around more often and (much) more active.

If you submitted something, and then saw parts of it on the page. It was not posted by me. ;) I have never had the ability to see the news submitted by others. :P

I have an idea as to what most likely what happened... There was a bug in the system a while back where everything had my name attached to it regardless of who submitted/posted it. Most likely LP saw your submission, edited it to his liking, and then posted it. The bug would have then shown it as being posted by me.

574726[/snapback]

Well, that could be an explanation for it then, lol.

:withstupid: But I think it may have been moved. I'm with swifty, if there is anything that some the regulars could do to help out, just let us know.