Crossover cable

bass_freak

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

huh, i thought they were a lot more then that, guess i will change my networking plans from a hub to switch once they finish the cable lines (i hope they do soon....10mb conection)

don't even speak linuxprox about your 13gig/sec ATM line :angry: , i would be happy with a 128k line right about now

• 1 month later...
Guest flakman

Hey,

Get a netgear 8 port nat, gives you a firewall/ 8port switch all in one for about 125.00.  Not bad for what you get.

I know this is late but I just saw it..

???

I have a software firewall (and no it is not the one that comes with windows XP, I don't see what the #### that one even does), I just don't see who the #### is gona want to hack into my house  that bad. A hardware firewall is a un-needed household item, I don't realy know what they do diffrent then the software ones.

• 2 months later...

Playing off this I was wondering if there is a difference between a cat5 crossover cable and a regular networking cable? I think I bought the wrong one but I don't know for sure. Basically I want to take and run a 25' cable from my hub to my laptop so I can play Everquest on my TV. (Beats the heck out of my 15" monitor!)   :)

A cross over is for when you want to hook 2 network deviced (computers, printers, netowrk drives) without a hub. meaning those 2 device are conected only to each other...a reg type setup will have the same wire color order on both ends...and the hub switches it as needed, you want a reg cable...you can just make your own, or buy anohter, PCMods.com has some preaty cheap and colored.