Sign in to follow this  
v8vega350

atholon xp overclock

i have seen it done from mad onion specs but how do people get between 2.0ghz to 2.3 from a athlon xp i see it done with the same stuff i have but i only have 266 ddr ram and i am not sure if thats causing it to lock up any way can someone tell me how to get about 1.9 to 2.0 out of my amd

Specs are

amd 1.60 xp cruical 2100 ddr ram abit kr7a 133 mobo ati 8500 sb live platnum 5.1 also everything is retail products incase that means anything

uhh i would bet the people who are overclocking there chips that high have watercooling and also have xp2100+....what chip do u have?  i have a 1700+ and the same mobo as you and i have been able to oc my chip from 1.47 ghz to 1.67ghz with it stable and not having any extra cooling..also sound card and vid card wouldnt have an effect on the overclocking of your cpu...

Abit KR7A-133

256 2100 ddr

AMD XP 1700+ (1.47ghz) oc'd to 1.67ghz

maxtor ata100 7200rpm 40gig

soundblaster live 5.1 value

i have a 1900+ but i was seeing these numbers when the 2000+ were first comming out i have tried it with ice cubes and a water cooler and i still cant do it the highest i have got it to without it locking up to 1716 mhz any higher and thats it

Those people sometimes unlock thier CPU. This allows them to get higher speed without as high of heat problem then with overclocker the FSB.