Sudden Decrease In Bass - To Get Same As Before,

BlaineBug

I currently use my Inspire T7700 speakers with a Creative Audigy 2 ZS soundcard.

Today, everything was working fine.

Suddenly, there is a drop in the bass. I check settings and nothing is changed. When I did the "speaker tests" in the THX Setup Console all of the speakers functioned correctly except the woofer.

When I increased the bass level dial, I finally got bass produced out of the speaker.

Why is it requiring the bass level to be increased fully to get a bass when before all I had to have it was at about 40% to get the same level of bass?

Like I said, no settings were changed. This just "happened" in an instant.

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
Same happenes to me, in my case I go to EAX Advanced HD, enable CMSS 3D, Stereo Surround.

And it works for me, Try that, if you havent already.

589887[/snapback]

Hm, I believe I had CMSS enabled......but it may be disabled. All I know is that no settings were changed at the time I noticed the reduction in bass.

sounds like maybe you have "bass redirection" enabled?

in a X.1 speaker setup, you can redirect the low frequencies to the front channels instead of the sub...

if you go to the Creative Speaker Settings -> Bass Management, then either check or uncheck the bass redirection thing and adjust the slider if active....

that should sort you out :)

Hm, I believe I had CMSS enabled......but it may be disabled.  All I know is that no settings were changed at the time I noticed the reduction in bass.

590020[/snapback]

exactly it changes by it self, sometimes 2-3 times a week I really need to find a cure for this.

What is the best CMSS setting for me?

I have a 7.1 surround system (7 speakers + woofer) and an Audigy 2 ZS soundcard. I'd like to get everyting out of the system that I can.

Thanks.

Edit - Also, bass reduction is not enabled!

Edited by Officer_Dufus

enable equalizer

go in THX SETUP CONSOLE make sure you selected 7.1 speakers

and in CMSS 3D, enable and chose stereo surround

(many of these settings change alone on a regular basis, atleast to me)