6800gs....another Slap To The Competition

gravy

try a slice of 6800GS

http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/X16_GS/index.htm

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2593

$209, even stomps the x1600xt....you can't beat that with a stick bro ;)

wow, nvidia's last gen NV42 mobile core beating down ATI's brand spanking new line in every way, including price.....imagine that, ATI better have a secret

Edited by gravy

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets see

NV42, 6800Ultra Go core, pretty old, last gen at that, for $209, this is NV's old stuff beating ATI's new stuff.........

beating x1600xt which is still unavailable, which is ATI's brand new midrange product, with the x1800xl/x1800xt being the high end......which are extremely hard to get still for anything resembling a decent price

maybe you will appreciate it more if you actually READ the articles and LOOK at the benchmarks, here let me help you

Conclusion

Let

Edited by gravy

lets see

NV42, 6800Ultra Go core, pretty old, last gen at that, for $209

beating x1600xt which is still unavailable, which is ATI's brand new midrange product, with the x1800xl/x1800xt being the high end......which are extremely hard to get still for anything resembling a decent price

maybe you will appreciate it more if you actually READ the articles and LOOK at the benchmarks, here let me help you

573742[/snapback]

My point was that you comparing last gens core to a brand new core that hasn't even been released yet... Try comparing it to something that has already matured like something from the x800 series

like the x1600, another useless card is made. http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2593&p=9 even says that its not really worth it. like one famous member here says, its simply kicking a dead horse. the days of the 6800 series is over, simply put. the current king is the 7800gtx but the new battle will involve the 7800gtx 512 and the x1800xt pe.

like the x1600, another useless card is made. http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2593&p=9 even says that its not really worth it. like one famous member here says, its simply kicking a dead horse. the days of the 6800 series is over, simply put. the current king is the 7800gtx but the new battle will involve the 7800gtx 512 and the x1800xt pe.

573748[/snapback]

you guys aren't actually reading the reviews.....

This card does for NVIDIA what the X800 GTO did for ATI a short time ago. The X800 GTO falls short in terms of value compared to the 6800 GS, which is both impressive and exactly why NVIDIA wanted to bring it out now. With initial prices on upcoming ATI parts looking to be a little high for their performance, this seals a recommendation for NVIDIA for the holiday season: if you've got about $220 to spend on a graphics card, the 6800 GS is the part to have.

that doesnt sound like "it's not worth it", the 6800 Go mobile core just spanked ATI's brand new next gen mid range product.......thats sad bro

who really want to buy midranged cards? not i, and i could careless about people buying midranged cards. besides the x800 series (old and outdated like the 6800gt) outperforms the new midranged cards from ati, shocking? no... its just low quality cards for poor people (no offense)

your making a big deal out of nothing. a used mustang will still stomp the hell out of a new kia any day . i think thats why its not fair to compair. now if u compair a new 7.1l 300m vs old 300 ms then there would be a difference cuz its the same type and model just new and improved. if the older one out performs the new one then there are problems

im hopin when the pe comes out it will clean up.. which it probably will, if they can get the 24 pipes and extremely high clock workin

573760[/snapback]

i hope so, would help competition, but my ATI contact says IF there is even an XTPE released, it will be in such low volume and so expensive it wont make a dent in the big picture.......ATI needs a new midrange card to fill the gap......midrange is where it's at, the guy with the fastest lineup which costs less and has the most features(and game support) ends up winning in this game, right now, ATI is a step or two behind

you're compairing it to a "YET TO BE RELEASED" card. let me fill you in on a little secret to that type of card... they usually get better with time. the 6800 series has had how long to mature?

you're compairing it to a "YET TO BE RELEASED" card.  let me fill you in on a little secret to that type of card...  they usually get better with time.  the 6800 series has had how long to mature?

573776[/snapback]

true....but still, the fact is, ATI has some serious work to do......and by the time they get around to beating NV's last gen products with their current gen products, NV will be well on their way to dominating even more.......R580 can't come soon enough