Sign in to follow this  
LucifersMagician

Whats A Good, Cheap Sound Card.?

Hey, If any1 can help me get a nice sound card and stuff that will get my games (Battlefield2 and everquest 2) sounding awesome lemme know any comments or suggestions would be great or just send me a e-mail with some products and stuff..Thanks alot guys

-=Magician=-

I've got a no-frills old Sound Blaster here. Sounds way better then onboard and gains you a few fps in stressful games. Take $10 for it (has mic, line in, 2 line out, and a game port)

I've got a no-frills old Sound Blaster here. Sounds way better then onboard and gains you a few fps in stressful games. Take $10 for it (has mic, line in, 2 line out, and a game port)

573707[/snapback]

I;d have to agree with that too, most onboard sound is proccesed by the Cpu theere by taking performance away, by the way Most soundblasters are pretty good

especially if you get one with the Audigy chip, an Audigy1, aka Audigy ES would do nicely for cheap

I would recommend the Audigy Live! 24-bit audio card, I think its like 35 bucks.. not bad :thumbs-up:

I had an audigy LS, I would stay away from it. Its OK for music but it gave me more troubles than my onboard did in games. I have an audigy value which is an audigy 2 without the firewire and extra features. Its working out good for me.

I would recommend the Audigy Live! 24-bit audio card, I think its like 35 bucks.. not bad  :thumbs-up:

573726[/snapback]

:withstupid:

a pretty decent card for the price.i have 1 installed in one of my rigs and way better than the onboard sound.you wont be dissapointed.

Some Best Buy stores are clearing out Dynex brand 7.1 sound cards for $19.99. I bought one for one of my rigs and it works like a charm.

Hey watsup matt! So you did join OCC, thats good. Well, looks like your all set with your sound card, so good luck, see you tomorow at school.

BTW, don't touch the llamas :ph34r: , sorry guys, off topic, but I just had to say it :P