Buying New Card! Help With X800 Series!

Assassin X

Ok in the next few days I want to get a X800 series card (can't change my mind on it) and I can't tell whats what and so on! I know about my system and what not so no one really needs my specs, just need some answers if you could! If you need to know I had a 9800 PRO which died from OVERHEATING in a more then cooled case, thats why I am getting a X800 because they don't have problems with overheating as bad as the 9800's supposedly

These are what I was told the X800 series cards are rated by in performance:

9800Pro

9800XT

X800/X800Pro

X800XL

X800XT

X850XT

I want to get the X800XL. So I got a few questions because I don't get video cards really!

Is there really any diffrence between the X800XL and the X850XT? Because theres a big money diffrence and I don't read/see any diffrence between them (besides a bigger fan)!

Which one (out of all of them) is REALLY the best card for the money?

Edited by Assassin X

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

none of those cards are the "best card for the money", but if you are so convinced you should buy an outdated card, you might as well get the fastest one, at least then you will have the fastest of the old :rolleyes:

none of those cards are the "best card for the money", but if you are so convinced you should buy an outdated card, you might as well get the fastest one, at least then you will have the fastest of the old  :rolleyes:

573690[/snapback]

in other words the x850xtpe is the best bet, it will till perform nicely. hell some members play with a x800pro and still like the performance. remember, x850xtpe :D also to add insult to injury, the 6800 series and nforce3 chipset got a problem with each other :lol:

in other words the x850xtpe is the best bet

573694[/snapback]

actually, a 6800GT would be the "best bet", it's just as fast or faster in many games, and has SM3.0 support

swifty, why on earth do you continue to recommend outdated ATI x800's to people looking to get a new card today.......? it was good back in the day, but even an ATI employee i come in contact with often has said investing money into a SM2.0 x800 card is a complete waste, and he works for ATI!!

just like the 6600GT, i used to recommend it alot, but now it is getting a bit anemic for the new games coming out, so a 6800GT is the one i recommend as a "budget" card, better yet, try a slice of 6800GS

http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/X16_GS/index.htm

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2593

$209, even stomps the x1600xt(which is faster than the x800's)....with SM3.0 support....you can't beat that with a stick bro ;)

wow, nvidia's last gen NV42 mobile core beating down ATI's brand spanking new line in every way, including price.....imagine that

Edited by gravy

eh, seems like you take EVERYTHING personal, including someone who wants a x800 card and i recommend which one of that series to them. besides, i wouldnt recommend a 6800gt anymore when you can get a 7800gtx ko :P besides for agp, ati isnt bad. and why on earth do you still cry over the fact that the x800 series doesnt have sm3? it still plays it just fine. and outdated? the 6800gt is outdated too, both were released around the same time.

eh, seems like you take EVERYTHING personal, including someone who wants a x800 card and i recommend which one of that series to them. besides, i wouldnt recommend a 6800gt anymore when you can get a 7800gtx ko :P

573720[/snapback]

LOL, don''t i recall a certtain thread where Ati's crossfire is pure grabage etc... cough cough nvidia die hard fan cough cough

j/k, but seriously, if you look at it, the 6800 in terms of performance to price raito the x800 just wins

eh, seems like you take EVERYTHING personal, including someone who wants a x800 card and i recommend which one of that series to them. besides, i wouldnt recommend a 6800gt anymore when you can get a 7800gtx ko :P

573720[/snapback]

................but back on topic

obviously, the x800 series cards offer less value and features than Nvidia's parts, dont take my word for it, read the reviews, the 6800GS is my recommendation to you, or 6800GT if you are stuck in AGP still

and swifty, i just think it's a crying shame that you defend the x800's when if anyone did their homework, they would find out there are much better options, i tried to tell you that before you ordered your's and you wouldn't listen.........i guess sometimes you just have to let people be "as stupid as they want to be"

LOL, don''t i recall a certtain thread where Ati's crossfire is pure grabage etc... cough cough nvidia die hard fan cough cough

j/k, but seriously, if you look at it, the 6800 in terms of performance to price raito the x800 just wins

573722[/snapback]

thanks, you dont always NEED sm3 gravy, i dunno about your case, but life can go on w/ sm3. crazy i think you notice his fanatacism over the 6800gt :lol: i dont see him raving about the 7800gtx though :P actually *thinks of something not to get warned for saying something offensive* who the hell are YOU to tell me what i can do with my money?? first of all, 90% of my games are direct 3d, so why would i use a garbage 6800gt when the x800xtpe rapes it all over in direct 3d terms? 2nd, i am someone who does NOT need sm3 untill i move on to pci-e. 3rd, why would i use a 6800gt when it misbehaves during benchmarks on a nforce 3 chipset? 4, ill say it again, its MY MONEY so ill do as I please!

573722[/snapback]

somebody forgot to read the 6800GS/GT reviews i posted here..............or you can't see well, here, let me help you out brother

try a slice of 6800GS

http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/X16_GS/index.htm

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2593

$209, even stomps the x1600xt(which is faster than the x800's)....with SM3.0 support....you can't beat that with a stick bro  ;)

wow, nvidia's last gen NV42 mobile core beating down ATI's brand spanking new line in every way, including price.....imagine that

thanks, you dont always NEED sm3 gravy, i dunno about your case, but life can go on w/ sm3. crazy i think you notice his fanatacism over the 6800gt :lol: i dont see him raving about the 7800gtx though :P actually *thinks of something not to get warned for saying something offensive* who the hell are YOU to tell me what i can do with my money?? first of all, 90% of my games are direct 3d, so why would i use a garbage 6800gt when the x800xtpe rapes it all over in direct 3d terms? 2nd, i am someone who does NOT need sm3 untill i move on to pci-e. 3rd, why would i use a 6800gt when it misbehaves during benchmarks on a nforce 3 chipset? 4, ill say it again, its MY MONEY so ill do as I please!

573727[/snapback]

i am not telling you or anyone else what they can or cannot do with their money, but i spend alot of time looking at the info form many sites, as many possible, and you cannot give me ONE SINGLE REASON to buy an x800 over a 6800GS/GT, not one, and the NF3 chipset thing is bunk, it isn't always an issue, besides, who is buying NF3 boards now anyways.....oh yeah, maybe people who like ot buy old video cards like to buy old motherboards.....figures......NF4 is where it's at now, has been for some time

as far as SM3.0 goes.......if you could buy one of two cards, one costs less, is faster, and has more features, why would you buy the more expensive, slower, less-featured card? other than to stay blindly loyal to your fanATIc clan

relax, truth hurts, but the truth shall set you free ;)

Edited by gravy