So Whats The Deal With Floaters In My Eye?

Enyce2k9

from around 96-2003 i was on some CRT monitor, i started seeing these floaters from around 2-3 years ago.

out of curiousity could it have been the frikin CRT radiation that screwed with my vision? the floaters really dont bother much but im just concerned on future problems...

btw of course since then ive been with LCD and IMO they are more comfortable on the eyes than CRT's.

however its a completely different technology from a big Tube, to some slim

lighted-liquid screen, so is it possible that LCD technology is increidible better for vision health than CRT?

thanks for reading, i just saw one of those suckers floatin around and decided to post this :P

Edited by Enyce2k9

i know what your talking about, hard to explain but you get it also from looking @ the sun and then look somewhere else right? anyways crts in the long run are not good for the eyes, lcds are the best things since its softer. besides once you stick with lcds, crts will be bothersome.

I get those suckers too, but I don't think there is any correlation with monitor type or usage. I don't know. Did you google the problem to see if you could come up with some better answeres?

Are the floaters constant? I know that brief exposure to very bright light causes temporary ones. i get them occasionally. The go away pretty quick. My eye doctor said that everybody gets them.

As for the radiation I'm not sure that is the problem. It could be passable but I'd do a bunch of research b4 nailing the monitor as a cause.

Intresting.

:withstupid: Everyone gets floaters occasionally, it's usually just light that your cornea doesn't refract correctly, so it leaves a weird floater (Just think how many more people would needlessly die every year if our organ systems were coded by Microsoft?)

Floaters that stay in your eyes for long lengths of time (constantly off and on for several years) can be due to high blood pressure, which is a bad thing. High blood pressure over time can weaken the lining of the blood vessels in your eye. If a thrombus forms, the vessels in your eye could burst and....it's not fun. The best way to explain it is by looking at the Jame Bond movies. You know how at the beginning of the Bond movies when he shoots the "spying eye" and the blood poors down from top to bottom? It looks just like that. After enough blood builds up you will go blind, and the only way to fix it is to put a needle into your eye and drain the blood, then cauterize the broken vessel :blink:

(Just think how many more people would needlessly die every year if our organ systems were coded by Microsoft?)

573578[/snapback]

LOL! Now that is sig quote material. :lol:

Also if U get floaters with pain, it's a parasite, Tapeworm larvae, it can travel around ur eye and build in ur brain and cause a massive brain tumor, of course,you'd def feel the immense pain

but thats not it, lol

just thought i'd throw random info :-D

floaters can be caused by little bits of tissule floating through the jelly, before they can dissolve also. This is'nt anything to worry about.

When you say 'radiation' any level can be dangerous if it causes a stochastic event when entering the body. Sitting in front of a CRT exposes you to a small number of Xrays, but it isn't anything to worry about. I think you're as likely to get cancer from a CRT as from eating potatoes (don't quote me on that)