Sign in to follow this  
Shadow334

Psu Modd

I did a couple of those to make one that looks ok lol.

i finally found the best process.

You have to mesure the exact lenth of the top and sides, use clamps so it will not move and use something with a sharp edge, like a piece of metal, anything but it has to be straight and with sharp edges (i used a piece of alu i had)

Then heat up with a (propane torch) it will not leave black sooth on your plexi if you dont have a heat gun. Heat your plexi at the base of what you clamped it on, (that's why i used alu, wood tends to catch on fire lol) dont get too close or it will start to bubble and go left and right sweeping motion not too slow and not too fast and when it looks like it's getting soft(not melting but wiggly) press it on a flat surface to make your 90

Lol, what's the difference lego...anyways, I've used Lexan (just to make you happy, I won't say plexi lego :D ) and I bent it with a heat gun over a block of wood, worked fine, I just did it to see if it could be done, nothing useful though.

don't buy the ones off ebuyer. they don't look all that great, and i had to file down the side of my case at the back to make it fit.

I suggest you drill screw holes for fan screws before you bend it. drilling bent acrylic isn't easy. The fan screws will thread themselfs though the acrylic and the metal of the psu, normal ones won't be so secure.

I think everyone means acrylic when they say plexi. (i hope so :O)

574704[/snapback]

Polycarbonate(PLEXI is a brand) and Acrylic can be formed in the same way just not glued.

The easiest way to make straight bends is with a strip heater but they are expensive(150.00)