Playing A Dvd On Comp

Phil

OK, this is really a noob question. I tried to play a DVD in WMP, a box popped up to tell me I don't have the right plug-in (or something like that). So I clicked to go to the MS site where they offered several programs, all for pay. Is there any freeware that will let me play DVD's in my D or E drives?

this is where i got mine its free but it downloads a my search program that leaves a lot of popups but u can get rid of these by going into ur program files and deleating the file called my search

www.cliprex.com/

this is the only free dvd player i can find that has the plugins for wmp . it works good though :D

ps. use the profesonal one it works better

Edited by DWILLWY

Thanks for the tip! I d/l'd cliprex player and the DVD played on WMP, no problem.

I see what you mean about the pop-ups, there was numerous adware and spyware, but my ever vigilant attack Panda nailed 'em all at the door. :P

I thought there was a registry hack to play dvd's in WMP without having to download and install any plug-in's or codec's. I don't remember where I seen it though. :(

Did your dvd drive not come with dvd software?

Nerm: not sure if I got a disc with the drive or not.

573567[/snapback]

yea depending on what brand or where you got it. The drive should have came with PowerDVD or something similar.