Windows 2000

Hushplz

Would this work.

My girlfriends dad has restrictred her user account, so now she can do diddly squat.

He aint no expert when it comes to computers, so i thought this should work to give her full access without him knowing.

Boot into safe mode>

Go in as administrator>

Edit her account from in there>

Or setup a new account.

Thats the 1st problem.

Internet explorer doesn't get a connection.

Lemme explain:

Turn the computer on, dial connection, say's your are connected at 2.2mb's...

Double click Internet Explorer and it just times out.

Does it sound like a setting? Internet problem? Or should i just install Opera? and see if that works?

Also there is a couple of virus's on there which i couldnt be bothered to remove with Norton which there currently using till i whack AVG on when i next go round.

Could that be a problem.

Gonna try these Thursday so just need the steps to take for now :)

Thanks ppl :thumbs-up:

Keep it Gangsta

**3 stars Wohoo**

Edited by bitchplz

No, that would not work. I can check how, but I have to boot up the puter that has 2K on it.

Your second problem I would say yea, that's a Virus issue. To make sure it ain't first Delete the Dial up entry. Clean up the disk thoroughly with a good Spyware program and Anti-virus program. Clean out the cookies, temp foldres. Empty the Recycle Bin. Then go into Internet Properties and Default ALL of the setting there (Even default all the settings under the "Advanced" Tab) Redo the Dial up account. Reboot.

Things to check before you attmept to get on the Web.

In the Internet Properties. Under the "Connections" tab. Make sure that inside the "Dial-up and Virtual Private Network Settings" you have your Dial-up account in there. Below that you should see 3 Choices. Check the One (Or make sure it is checked) that's says "Always Dial my Default Connection".

Make sure Windows 2K is stable.

That's what I would do. Start over from scatch. But that Virus issue is what's bringing up a red flag there. Good Luck!!

Would this work.

My girlfriends dad has restrictred her user account, so now she can do diddly squat.

He aint no expert when it comes to computers, so i thought this should work to give her full access without him knowing.

Boot into safe mode>

Go in as administrator>

Edit her account from in there>

Or setup a new account.

573390[/snapback]

if you know the admin password, why doesnt she just use that account, and 2nd i dont blame her dad, she is probably why there is viruses on it in the first place, every week i have to remove viruses from my dads comp because of my stepsisters. respect her fathers wishes, because if he found out you changed her accoutn or meesed with it, your black balled. just tell her theres nothing you can do.

:withstupid: Don't mess with us fathers...especially when it comes to our little girls.

Couple of my favorite sayings are:

"I have a gun, shovel, and five acres out back don't mess with me!".

"I may be a balding, pot-bellied, middle-aged has-been, but when it comes to my daughter I am the all seeing, all knowing GOD in your universe."

Edited by stitch_626

I find this humorious. On the virus thing: Talk to her father b4 trying anything. Find the root of the problem.

578280[/snapback]

yea...and also tell him that you want to hack in the system so you can defy him...Geeez' And oh BTW gentlemen...I am a father of 3. 2 daughters and 1 son. My youngest daughter I have custody of. So...I have to agree with the majority here. Not to flow, but as a moral issue. I saw this thread and wanted to help. My fault on NOT thinking more clearly on the moral issue. I guess computers and fixing them overwhelms me to a point that I get to a frenzy. Kinda like when I OC.

Edited by Mahtayo ThreeEagles

Also there is a couple of virus's on there which i couldnt be bothered to remove with Norton which there currently using till i whack AVG on when i next go round.

573390[/snapback]

Why does everybody want to use AVG? I have worked on a lot of PC's, and the ones with AVG have by far the most viruses. Norton may be a resource hog, but it works. I also don't find viruses with PC's that have updated versions of McAfee and PC-Cillin 11.0 (PC-Cillin sucked before 11.0!).