hardnrg

Socket 939 Oc Competition (single/dual)

lol... not sure whether it's "in" or not... but it definitely makes it easier to reseat the heatsink, swap cpu's (i had two 146's, 148, now have a 170), clear cmos, take voltage readings with a dmm etc...

i don't really benchmark competitively as such, the benchmarks are merely a by-product of overclocking :D i actually use my main rig 24/7 for just about everything unlike some people who only use it for a few hours a day or just benching...

lol... not sure whether it's "in" or not... but it definitely makes it easier to reseat the heatsink, swap cpu's (i had two 146's, 148, now have a 170), clear cmos, take voltage readings with a dmm etc...

i don't really benchmark competitively as such, the benchmarks are merely a by-product of overclocking :D i actually use my main rig 24/7 for just about everything unlike some people who only use it for a few hours a day or just benching...

606225[/snapback]

w/e dude no underhanded attacks at me =)

phase change #2 almost finished http://photobucket.com/albums/a270/djaziz/...nt=5c296068.jpg

w/e dude no underhanded attacks at me =)

phase change #2 almost finished http://photobucket.com/albums/a270/djaziz/...nt=5c296068.jpg

606245[/snapback]

wish i had one of those... my prescotts killing me at 75c (load) AT STOCK!!!!! With a freakin massive copper heatsink with 2 tornados on it... :(

On topic, have fun with it, post the thing when you get done

how about the highest oc'd opteron in a case that looks somewhat normal competition...?? LOL

i'll have my new memory tomorrow, Crucial Ballistix, turned out Samsung TCCD modules barely work at all in my mobo at stock speeds/timings, had to run 2.5-3-3-8 2T to stop errors, and wasn't even 100% then, even with more vdimm

but i did manage to hit 2.88Ghz with it, so we'll see

what are these cases you speak of habitual geek.  computers should not be ran inside cases, they should be free.

606483[/snapback]

hahaha

i just wish i could get mine going better period

THis is a CCBWE 0546 Opteron 165....

Stock cooling. At 1.550V 2.8 Ghz Temps at 43 C

NOT STABLE!!

This is in a case

cpuzopteron165maxoc8sk.th.png

Edited by Shadowfactor

how about the highest oc'd opteron in a case that looks somewhat normal competition...??  LOL

606331[/snapback]

well mines is in my cm stacker, so i guess i win the highest oc opteron in a CASE :lol: wow i missed so much here, hey hardnrg, is that the same ram that im using? :D hope so if it is hope ya enjoying it. no tccd in the world can outperform the g.skill fx series tccd ram, eh see my sig for exact model.

gravy, 2.88 is nice but i know you can do better, push it up and higher till she hits 55