Windows 2000 Password Reset

DrAwesomePhD

Hi, so i just pulled out my old computer from a few years ago (laptop) and it had windows 2000 installed on it.. and i forgot the passwords >.< . I would reformat, but unfortunately i dont have any windows 2000 install CDs anymore only XP... and with 128mb of RAM im not sure XP is a good option .. so is there anyway thats builtin to reset the passwords? Somehow i can access this computer without reformatting? My friend said if you spam one of the F# keys during startup that you can get a 'hidden administration' account, ive had little success with this but does anyone know the specifics of if there is anyway to do this and if so how?

why not go win 98, 2k is ok, but look on (cant say) and technically its somewhat legal since you owned it, right?

573173[/snapback]

But he may have lost the key, so that may not be an option for him. Plus, Win2k is MUCH better than Win98. I would NEVER go back to the DOS based OSes again.

But he may have lost the key, so that may not be an option for him. Plus, Win2k is MUCH better than Win98. I would NEVER go back to the DOS based OSes again.

573177[/snapback]

Couldn't had said it better, NT is the way to go!