Dating Question - The 'l' Word

Mad Cow

Hey all. I have been going out with this girl for about a month, and I am totally unsure of when to say "I love you". I'm hoping that I shouldn't have said it a long time ago, but I really have no idea. I dont want to sound like I'm coming on too strong by saying it too early. About what point in a relationship do you think this should be said?

Thanks all!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DO NOT SAY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You rn't that much older than me and if your still in high school than that would be a big NO NO

I've seeen it countless time, 3 of my friends, and my cousin both got creeped out and said (ahhh *screams we're not ready for that.... how could you etc)

Unless she says it to you THEN it'll be ok

Edited by Crazy_Dude

I guess my feeling on saying "I love you" depends on if you actually love someone. I'm not sure how old you are but it sounds like you are a sophmore in hs? I wouldn't say that you love her after only a month of dating so I would wait untill you are sure that you should say it. If its questionable in your mind, she probably isn't even thinking about it yet, but we could ask some of the girls here...*hint hint*

(WOAH, I have a farmers tan! sry, I just noticed that while typing...like a bad farmers tan.)

I've been going out with my girlfriend for over a month now, and I tell her I love her. And she says she loves me. I'm happy and she's happy and this is what I know to be love, so I have no problem saying it. With past girlfriends I never said it because it didn't feel right, this time I didn't even hesitate, it was just natural and perfect. And just because you're saying it doesn't mean you're the guy that tries to get some... :angry:

I :wub: my girlfriend

Edited by CmpFreak88

Here's the perfect way to know when to say those three words: When you're in love, you KNOW you're in love. So you only say those three words when you ARE in love.

It's not something that's "supposed" to be done. It's not something that you have to say as some sort of ritual. It's supposed to be natural. You have to really feel that emotion before you can express it verbally. If you don't really love her (which after a month of dating, I highly doubt you do) then you shouldn't say the words. Two things can happen if you say them too early. One, the girl freaks and leaves you in the dust or two, she's already in love and becomes a total nutjob and starts talking about getting married right after high school graduation.

You're what, 15? Yea, you're too young to know what love is. Not only that, but trust me, you DON'T want to be in love right now. College has WAY too many opportunities with the opposite . for you to get tied down right now. I say enjoy your relationship with this girl while it lasts (don't expect it to last forever, you're in high school, 99% of high school relationships die off). Once you get to college, have fun like you've never had before. THEN you can focus on falling in love and settling down, when the time is right. Marriage before you're settled isn't exactly the brightest idea. Most couples that married early will tell you that on some level, they regret it.