Best Watercooling Brand

stealth_os

Ive read some reviews about diff manufacturers and what they think is the best company to buy watercooling products from. But i would like to knwo what the modders on this site think is the best manufacturer, ive heard danger den is the best company, let me know what you think. This is going to help me with my build. by the way i have a

P4 3.2ghz

asus p4c800-e deluxe

1 gb corsair dual channel pc3200LLpro ram

ati 9800 pro

anything you can help me with about waterblocks for my hardware would be greatly appreciated

well after finishing my build and changing out a pump in 2 months plus tryign to save money, Theres common products that places sell for different prices and brand names but are the same part.

-radiators:

I'd go with the dangerden black ice pro or extreme series. about the best prices ive found on those are at danger den themselves AND performance-pcs.com, both similar prices. the other websites sell anywhere from $20 or more over that on those two sites.

-waterblocks:

depends on what you want. if youre going super high flow, then go for a jetted design like the swiftech G4 or a DangerDen waterblock with a copper top. if you arent planning on typhoon levels of flow, then the normal swiftech MCW6002 series block will do JUST FINE. again the same two places sell these things for near the same prices. other places a bit more.

-pumps:

nothing less than the DD D5 12v pump, also sold as a swiftech MCW655. the same pump. do NOT go for anything else. its even got a 2 year warranty and its built for PC use. (however Ehiem and Hydor are acceptable hobbyist pumps and they do work well)

those seem to be the parts that work and make the most sense at the moment. those two places mentioned have the better deals give or take a few bucks here and there. and they both have a good selection of reservoirs. youre also going to get alot of response about whats better or whats the thing to have....well what works is what people seem to keep around and those are the parts that have worked a good long time so far for us water-heads.

hope it helped. look at a spending budget of about $200 on those parts including the reservoir. you can do it for less but you start compromising quality of components. if a full kit is less than that start looking at the parts. most likely the pump is a weak part.

If you want a good kit at a good price, swiftech is a great choice. http://swiftnets.com/products/h20-120-R3a-0.asp close to the same as my setup, only major change is my rad is inside case @120mm fan mount, and my res is the full type w/ the pump seperate mounted to my HDD rack. It does very nice for the price, but f you want extreme performance...your gonna want to build you own of parts for all over the place. Personally i suggest usign a kit as your first WC setup, then build your own later down the road. walk b4 you try to run basically. I know it's not that hard, but you'll be much happier when it works the first time instead of havign a leak, air pockets, etc. Mine is a "kit", but it did not come as such :lol: It's alot easier t get frustrated when you dont have a manual to look at to ensure you did it all right (aka the water block i use can not be mounted but in two of the 4 possible directions to get good temps) that could really frustrate you if you just bought parts then put them together.

Oh and yes Danger Den has some great stuff :D

And hose clamps are your friend.