Ram Overheating?

Well I was running prime95 today, I get about 2hours and 20 minutes in and I get an error. It totaly surprised me because Im testing @ 2.4ghz on my Venice, temps never went about 43C and stayed at around 41-42. To say the least Im pissed.

Is this probably my RAM getting too hot? I know this RAM sucks for overclocking but if its probably my RAM holding me back from passing Prime95 Ill go and buy some new stuff or wait for this stuff to burn out. I have 2x512 Corsair Value Select 2.5CAS, no heat spreaders if it helps.

Thanks in advance

Well I was running prime95 today, I get about 2hours and 20 minutes in and I get an error. It totaly surprised me because Im testing @ 2.4ghz on my Venice, temps never went about 43C and stayed at around 41-42. To say the least Im pissed.

Is this probably my RAM getting too hot? I know this RAM sucks for overclocking but if its probably my RAM holding me back from passing Prime95 Ill go and buy some new stuff or wait for this stuff to burn out. I have 2x512 Corsair Value Select 2.5CAS, no heat spreaders if it helps.

Thanks in advance

572073[/snapback]

Valueram wont get far on 2.5cas. Try 3-3-3-8 with your current htt or use a divider with stock timings to keep the ram as close to 200 as possible.

eeeh corsair ram, eeew especially value, just put the divider at 100 and up the fsb, thats how i do it adn slowly up the divider until it reaches round 200

572251[/snapback]

It was at 200mhz when I had the divider up, it was completely stock.

man corsair has gone down hill any way i recomend loosening the settings and hit ddr 400 using divider dont go past ddr400

572415[/snapback]

yeah, my old tccd from them didnt like 2.85vdimm... oh well pos works fine on one of my folders.

man corsair has gone down hill any way i recomend loosening the settings and hit ddr 400 using divider dont go past ddr400

572415[/snapback]

I agree, I have a feeling that it still wouldnt pass a 6 hour run of Prime just from the heat it makes at stock.