$200 Video Card

legend_jo

So my friend has $200 to spend on a new videocard. He currently has an old 64mb nvidia card, can barely play AOE III at lowest settings. He's building new set up too, based on Athlon64 3200 Venice. I'm thinking 6600GT is still best for a budget of $200.

My question is there any other card sub $200 that is better?

6800 IS awesome, I would reccomend it over the X800, I tried my brother computer to run farcry with the X800 on highest settings and it artifacted and crashed, however my 6800 runs farcry on highest settings with no problems. I would deffinitily go for the 6800.

6800 IS awesome, I would reccomend it over the X800, I tried my brother computer to run farcry with the X800 on highest settings and it artifacted and crashed, however my 6800 runs farcry on highest settings with no problems.  I would deffinitily go for the 6800.

571246[/snapback]

i think that's a problem with your brother's card and/or drivers because the x800 should be able to run farcry max just fine. but regardless, I agree that the 6800 is better...just thought you may want to check up on you're brother's problem a little more.