Amd 64 X2 5000+ & Fx-60

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's going to come out as the FX. it won't get a name change at all... I don't see why it would need one either... after all look at all the numbnuts asking what's better between the 2... no one seems to know what an X2 or FX is... so why not combine em?

I still have no clue where mine is :( plus I'm stuck wtih an ES single core chip that will more than likely never hit the shelves :) oh well... such a shame too...

Hmm, if this is true it will be a surprise to a lot of people around here.

Oh and GlimmerMan... Try using the search button next time... you'd find one of many topics where people ask that exact same question and he gives the exact same speech. :angry2:

red.. where do you get all of this stuff from.. Do you own some company, do you reveiw pc's.... what ever it is i want in!

:glare:

572268[/snapback]

bigred used to be working for cdw and microsoft, and also used to own his own business and still does. and btw, you need to sell at least $300k a month to get any special services from companies like amd, intel, and nvidia. get the idea?

He runs several different buisnesses now, including an off-site storage farm. (As he put it once: "What if you have the blueprint to the valve system on the new Ford engines? You would GLADLY pay $10k to make sure it's safe. Those are the people I deal with on the side."). He sold his shop, and with a very smart buisness move, pretty much DOUBLED his end profits when CBW, not CDW, went to ..

He now has another larger project going on down south... and has spent quite a bit of money on it, including his monster bulldozer.

"Bronco = Jeep Rescue. Cat = Bronco Rescue. God Himself = Cat Rescue."

I really love Amd Cpus but It really @$*%*%* me off when they have so many socket and model revisons why cant they standardise things for at least 5 years

Upgrading is expensive enough the cutting edge truely is that

except its rubbing very fast against my wallet.

Think much?

Revisions and such take place because of bottlenecks, and the ability to do things more efficiently. For example, PCI-X in servers (yes, there is a PCI-X. PCI-X v2.0 is backwards compatable with PCI, I believe), PCI-E for workstations, etc.

Think of how far technology has come since the year 2000. Since 1950. We went from huge mainframes that worked out algorithms at much less then a megahertz, to the first 20 Mhz speed demons, to AMD ES CPUs that can hit - *gets knocked out*