Amd 64 X2 5000+ & Fx-60

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

M2 is no where NEAR ready... it's at LEAST a year, more than likely 18 months before M2 hits.

personally I think anyone who is holding off buying a new processor due to M2 is a total f'n fool. why don't you wait till 128bit processors come out? or how about the K9 core? or 1gb of L2 cache?

besides that fact DDR2 proved itself to be useless performance wise on the P4's, why would you expect any different on AMD's side? oh that's right everyone is just going to "wait" for M2. I'm not holding my breath on M2 ever coming out. I'm betting it's phased out before it ships.

True cache isn't a great deal of importance, Think about how all P4 600s are 2MB versions yet aren't that much better then the 500s

The reason for that is the increased cache latency with the 600 series. If latency was kept the same, there would have been more of an improvement.

Especially with a release date being two years from now. Given the advancement of technology, we'll have much faster stuff then. Who's up for Half-Life 3 on SLI'd GeForce X 900 Ultras?

579361[/snapback]

at this rate it'll be duke em forever comeing out arund the same time as the M2... and lets not forget the phantom game console...

btw the FX-59 is confirmed as a no go :(

578051[/snapback]

come on then... spill the beans... what did you get on air? (do you even bother? lol) and what did you get on phase with the fx-59?

obviously, with 3.05ghz on air fully stable (and rising), i am interested to see the performance difference :)

come on then... spill the beans... what did you get on air? (do you even bother? lol) and what did you get on phase with the fx-59?

obviously, with 3.05ghz on air fully stable (and rising), i am interested to see the performance difference :)

579868[/snapback]

I still can't publically say what it'll do though ;)

M2 is no where NEAR ready... it's at LEAST a year, more than likely 18 months before M2 hits.

personally I think anyone who is holding off buying a new processor due to M2 is a total f'n fool.  why don't you wait till 128bit processors come out? 

579330[/snapback]

I will wait. (cuz i got no money)

BTW. what do you think computer will be like 6 months from now.

It'l just be between you.. and us!  :ph34r:

580101[/snapback]

and no more AMD engineering sample chips will be between my cooling system and motherboard :(

btw the FX-60 is seriously sucking goat b@lls oc'n next to it's single core counterpart :( once again dual core proves NOT to be the overclockers best friend.