Revolution Specs To Never Be Revealed?

Desktop-pro

Source

If Nintendo gets their way, the official spec sheet for the Revolution may never be made public.

Eurogamer.net is reporting that in an interview with Dutch game magazine [N]Gamer, Nintendo of Europe's marketing director Jim Merrick says that Nintendo may decide to not reveal detailed Revolution hardware specifications to the public.

The reasoning behind this, according to Merrick, is that information such as clock speed and polygon count is ultimately "irrelevant" to the consumer, and has little or no affect to how much some will like a system or its games after the console is released. When further questioned on the subject, Nintendo's official position on it is they "don't want to contribute to the cloud of meaningless information that surrounds the next generation systems."

One thing's for sure, we probably won't be getting the real meaningful information about Revolution until next year, when playable games are shown. Nintendo has promised to tell the world a little bit more about their next-gen console before this year ends, and whatever that information may be, it most certainly won't be a hardware spec sheet.

Post your thoughts.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eh, nintendo is making even more bad decisions, oh well they are not on my list of "must have", the ps3 is @ the top of that last, and ill prolly get my xbox 360 next year (im willing to wait for this system...). nintendo was just as disapointing as microsoft, lack of games that attract me, but microsoft has something no one has, dead or alive 4 :D then again soul calibur 3 is a must have too :lol:

Steven says: I think this is the smartest move Nintendo can make. Everyone knows they can't compete against the 360 and PS3 in raw horsepower, and by not (publicly) showing off the specs, no one can make a direct comparison.

i totaly agree with this guy lol.

this way everyone who does understand the idea behind the processor and crap. cant say oh look the Nintendo is 300 mhz slower or whatever. and then bash nintendo on that fact lol.

which is all of us, so i guess this ruines our fun to be able to bash nintendo lol. but oh well. :P

sometimes you NEED to play dead or alive 4 and soul calibur 3 :lol:

570666[/snapback]

i was going to agree with silkster, but you make a good point. The soul calibur series is kickass. That's the only thing I don't like about the PC Game market, no fighters (unless you count the crappy street fighter ports years ago).

anyways, yeah, the reason they're not showing specs is because they're crap compared to the ps3 and xbox360. the reason why it's not good they're doing this is because everyone knows that's the reason. But it doesn't matter, because a couple of days after it's released, somebody will open it up, run tests, and figure out exactly what's inside.

I'm getting married and we aren't going to have a tv (and i don't have one now) so i guess my opinion doesn't count, but i think it's a bad move. Just because there are people who want to know which is faster and greater, even though the real draw is the games themselves.

I'm getting married and we aren't going to have a tv (and i don't have one now) so i guess my opinion doesn't count, but i think it's a bad move. Just because there are people who want to know which is faster and greater, even though the real draw is the games themselves.

570680[/snapback]

well i think nintendo isn't giving people enough credit....well, at least not the TRUE gamers. It's like the whole Intel-AMD battle. Intel's cpu's processors are clocked higher, but people who actually take the time to know their stuff, know that that means crap. I think they'll eventually put out the specs though...if they have a good launch and impress people with the graphics and power, and then are like, "hey look, we accomplished this with half the system MS and Sony are using!" people will be impressed. Unfortunately for them, I think they realize that's not going to be the case.

Waiting for the P3 to be released. I'm getting it for sure. haha

YeSu

DIE XBOX 360.. Why the Hell would I want an XBOX when it's just like a PC. Nintendo is just &^%$

YeSu

Edited by UkJenT

Guest Flashstar

It would be nice though to know because if you are paying say $50 more for a system that is slower than the others, that makes no sense. :blink:

EDIT: Isn't it nice that the xbox has all of the features of a pc, yet never crashes unless it has a ton of dust in it. :blink:

Edited by Flashstar

I like this comment some guy left.

*Man meets beautiful woman*

<Man> You seem quite pretty

<Woman> Thank you!

<Man> But I am not convinced!

<Woman> You.. what?

<Man> I need your specs baby!

<Woman> Uh... my what?

<Man> Specifications! I do not believe what I am seeing!

<Woman> Oh you!

<Man> No, really.

<Woman> Uh...

<Man> I MUST KNOW! You could really be ugly!

<Woman> But you just said I looked..-

<Man> GIVE ME AN ANSWER WOMAN!

<Woman> ...

<Man> Where are you going??

Basically 95% of all gamers couldn't tell you jack squat about what makes their system run...this keeps Nintendo from having rumors spread about their system not being able to keep up, and the uneducated from saying "ooo you're AMD is only 2ghz while my Intel is 3ghz...INTEL PWNS J00 m0f0!1!11!!!"